Brake upgrade

intas

Car
audi a4 b5 20v 1.8
Hi everybody quick question i got peugeot 06 plate i want to upgrade my brakes i was wandering if peugeot 206 gti brakes would fit ?? Or i can fit different car model brakes on ?? Thanks in advance looking forward for any advice.

All the 206 brakes fit all the other models, just check the alloy wheels are large enough but unless you have small wheels it shouldn't be a problem.

If i change brakes from 206gti do i use originall master cylinder from 206 gti or im ok too keep my old one from 207?? Thanks in advance

I would advise that you x reference them to see if they have the same size bore and if so no need to change.

Check the part numbers, they will probably be the same or equivalent anyway. You only usually need a bigger master cylinder if you increase the number of "pots" on the brake and suffer from long pedal travel or impaired braking force.

Have you tried aftermarket disc upgrade kits? The Brembo setup with grooves and high friction pads is really good and just bolts on?

When my 2 pots were upgraded to 4 pots the master cylinder was bored out to fit a 1/16th inch larger stainless sleeve and new larger piston and that made the pedal height the same as previous.