Boy racers are getting slower?

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
I joined the main road behind a Lexus LS200 with carbon fibre bonnet and huge exhaust. Dropped down into second waiting for him to put his foot down and.....

.....he didn't! He drove along an empty road at 20mph! Perhaps he was scared his carbon fibre bonnet might get hit by a stone! :lol:

It just goes to show - you can't judge a driver by the look of his car. I'm sure this happens the other way round? What about you, have you ever had anything similar happen to you?

I have followed tastefully modified and well driven cars before - at least, I thought they were tasteful, although I do kind of like the Fast and The Furious look when it's done well...

i got a shock the other week, an old teacher who lives next to my mum and dad was in front of me i was all ready to pass him then woof he was flying away from me i gave up around 85 and he was still puling away ?

nah most of the boy races around he still hammer the cars everywhere. still its fun to pull away from them without really trying

No, we're not getting slower. Just older. We're more discreet about things and can probably afford to run faster cars because we're not crippled by the ridiculous insurance premiums offered to younger drivers.

How can you expect anyone to learn to respect and enjoy the performance of a quick car if you price 'em off the road with silly premiums?

It's getting that way PG. Just a shame that all of us will be devoid of a pension given the way that some people who work in Whitehall are operating. I'll get myself modified surgically so I can live on pump fuel and potato peelings alone.

TorqueWheelChairs.com here we come.....

I'm getting worried about HDi obsession with Potatoe peelings. Perhaps he wants to be a Smiths Crisp or something? He probably supports the Red Skins and watches. Now to get from potatoes back to cars... Hmmmm..... Ah Yes.....

Car makers have been taking their names from potatoes for years.

Accent is a high yielding early bulking table variety. Attractive, uniform oval tubers with light yellow skins and flesh and excellent cooking characteristics.

Accord is a high yielding early bulking variety suited to early processing and fresh markets, with short term storage potential. Attractive, bright uniform oval tubers with white skins and flesh.

Almera is a high yielding second early variety. This variety is suitable for a range of uses including crisping, french fries as well as table use. Tubers have some resistance to bruising and splitting.

Horizon One of the highest yielding potato varieties to come through recent trials. It possesses excellent drought tolerance and is highly resistant to blackleg and powdery scab.

Picasso Suitable for pre-pack and general ware. Oval white tubers with pink eyes and cream to light yellow flesh.

Taken from the excellent http://varieties.potato.org.uk website which lists every variety of potatoe. No high fuel yield varieties though.

Has this thread gone a bit strange? (I blame HDI's Spud I Like complex!)At least we are back on cars. :lol:

TorqueWheelChairs.com here we come.....

Don't worry waynne...we have some young-uns to carry the TorqueCars name whilst the older generation ride around in wheel chairs with nitrous oxide tanks fitted on the back! :cool:

I don't think boy racers are getting slower..because boy racers aren't fast in the first place! They just think they are! I hate it when a 1.0 Saxo pulls up next to me at the lights revving the s**t out of their engine...they just ask to made look stupid! :lol:

Agreed. I really enjoy a good traffic lights GP against something that doesn't stand a chance.

It's fun to stay with them until about 50mph and then boot it and watch 'em disappear in the mirror. I'm considering taking the particle filter off so I can smoke em out as well!

Speedy-Wheelchair.jpg

What more can I say other than I'm ready for retirement! :lol:

nice but id be worried abouth the young kids and dogs getting sucked up through the jet intake but hey they shouldnt be in theway in the 1st place