Booze cruise or Wine Sailor

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
Are you a booze cruiser or more of a Wine Sailor?

It's the time of year to go over and stock up! French duty prices, selection of wines and spirits and quality are all much better than in the UK.

If you are unsure about driving in France here are some tips.
http://www.torquecars.com/articles/france-driving.php

I can also recommend a good site for deals on Hotel accommodation, so turn your trip into an overnight stay and get brownie points from your other half.

http://www.shortbreakmarket.com - great short break package deals see the offers page for the latest deals.

So are you a booze cruiser, a wine sailor or do you just stay put and put up with the high UK prices.

I avoid drinking alchohol all together, complete waste of money as far as I am concerned.

Each to their own I think on that one. Determined drinkers might see modifying cars as a waste of money maybe?

Waynne is kind of well placed here living not so far from the channel ferry ports :)

I have one very strict rule, never drive after drinking alchohol! Not even if it's just a very tiny bit. But I do enjoy having a little to much to drink now and again :)

Don't think I'll ever go to France for cheap shopping tho'. That's just so typically english! I'd probably drive to Poland or another east european country for cheap parts and/or booze. I actually travel to the UK a bit for everyday stuff; clothes, food and other stuff I can't get back up here in Norway!

I finished work at noon today until the new year. Plenty of boozin' and snoozin' for this chap right here.

^^^ That's a ruddy nice long break you have there Jake :amazed:
You should be thoroughly chilled to the core by the time you return. :)

A little too chilled i think. Its gonna hit me like a bag of bricks. Lets not worry about that now though

Never felt the need to do these trips as would mean buying alot of drink to cover the fuel and travel costs to and from to purchase it. I just buy enough to keep everyone ticking over during the break. Plus I tend to get the odd bottle of spirits from suppliers and a decent hamper with wines and champers.