bluefin vs remap

theballboy

Tuner
Car
mondeo tdci
Trying to work out the difference . Can anyone tell me if a bluefin and remap are the same?
If not what is the difference?
Does anyone know if a bluefin can be reprogrammed if used in a diff car?
Does anyone know if celtic tuning (seem to be highly recommended) are available in N. Ireland? If not do you know of any decent remapping services in N. Ireland.

Cheers

Bluefin is a means by which you can exchange maps for different conditions.

You do, however, have to switch off the engine to swap the map so it's kind of inconvenient if you want some extra torque to pass a couple of lorries and have to park up first to install the performance map.

I can't see the point - get a good customised map doen and then control the power delivery with your right foot.

Send Celtic and Email, I'm pretty certain they cover NI.

Cheers,

P.

Different maps would be used for different conditions or fuel, such as switching between LPG and Petrol or bioethanol etc for the best map or road and track, If you only drive on the road don't bother, spend the money on Derv

Bluefin is a means by which you can exchange maps for different conditions.

You do, however, have to switch off the engine to swap the map so it's kind of inconvenient if you want some extra torque to pass a couple of lorries and have to park up first to install the performance map.

I can't see the point - get a good customised map doen and then control the power delivery with your right foot.

Send Celtic and Email, I'm pretty certain they cover NI.

Cheers,

P.

SO blue fin does remap the engine. Its not just a tuning box?
So if you had a bluefin device then you would only need the map that is required for your car (and the original if you needed to reinstall)

Thanks will def give celtic a buzz then.

SO blue fin does remap the engine. Its not just a tuning box?
So if you had a bluefin device then you would only need the map that is required for your car (and the original if you needed to reinstall)

Thanks will def give celtic a buzz then.

In essence, yes. Celtic now has it's own 'multi-map' device.

Again, I'd just go with a straightfoward custom map and use your right foot to control the power delivey.

I had my car done by Celtic and the results were phenomenal - MPG was better along with stacks of extra midrange torque and acceleration. This was a straight map via the EBD2 port.