Blue smoke when warm

A3turbo

Car
Audi a3 1.8t 1999
Hi I'm new to this site and never really been on forums before but really need sum advice I recently bought an Audi a3 1.8t sport the first petrol turbo car ive owned and noticed a slight rattle noise coming from around the turbo area after reving it gently to listen to the noise also noticed a load of blue smoke coming outta the exhaust but this only happens when the car is warm I spoke to a garage who said its the turbo is this the correct information? I would apreciate any help and information thank you.

I'm taking it to have another 1 fitted tomorrow but just wanted to be 100% before they took my money lol they sounded pretty confident it was that so hope all is well after because I really like the car and wanna make it nice thanks for the replies

Hi all car went in today for the turbo to be fitted but mechanic wasn't convinced it was the turbo as the Audi hasn't lost any power. the rattle noise I have is down to a guider pulley (possible worn causing chain rattle) which is between the cams on the right hand side of the engine and the smoke could be the stem seals so gotta do a few tests before can definatley say what this is. Just thought I'd reply to let yas know how it went

theres a chain which joins the two cams together then its a belt on opposite side of the engine which runs just 1 cam and water pump ect. well thats how the mechanic explained it lol

My first thought was stem seals tbh.

Hi all car went in today for the turbo to be fitted but mechanic wasn't convinced it was the turbo as the Audi hasn't lost any power. the rattle noise I have is down to a guider pulley (possible worn causing chain rattle) which is between the cams on the right hand side of the engine and the smoke could be the stem seals so gotta do a few tests before can definatley say what this is. Just thought I'd reply to let yas know how it went

I've just got the car but need to put a sump on it so gunna do a full service at the same time and been told to put an additive in oil to help towards possible valve stem seals leaking I've been on the comma oil site it says 5/40 fully synthetic

Your better off buying the higher priced fuel as it cleans as it burns. Shell v power is highly rated by the members here. I don't mind Texaco with techron. That's allright aswell.

ive fitted the sump today and serviced it im leaving the oil till tomorrow just to let the sealant set well. i noticed oil down the first and fourth pot on top of the spark plug so will need a cam cover gasket i think. does any1 recommend a specific brand or will any do?ive left the old air filter in just cleaned it as it wasnt too bad also im ordering a k&n filter. also fitted a forge dump valve which isnt rediculously loud which im pleased about. thank u about the advice on oil treatments too the oil was in a bad state so hopefully it will be much better once its got its new oil in tomorrow