Black mb ce220

Here is my completely standard car with couple of rust patches here and there, was not expenive and initially was meant to be my runabout but because of different issues car is going to stay with me longer so I decided to do some work on it

Here are my plans as in 'say hello section'

-deep dish wheels
-clear front indicators (instead of orange ones)
-removing rust patches :smile:
-facelift bonnet with 'avantgarde' grill
-facelift taillights

Next
-lowering the car 40mm r/f (not sure whether invest a bit more and buy suspension kit or just springs but we will see)

And

complete respray in dark black with possible white roof (car is in blue-black at the moment)

maybe: changing interior for black one (silver currently) and some audio system but have not decided yet

I was going to attach some pictures but it doesn't let me to or I just don't know how to

I like what you have planned & can't wait to see more. With regards to suspension, I've found it's better to upgrade the springs & dampers at the same time. I've never been happy with just changing the springs. Remember, buy cheap, buy twice. :bigsmile:

Last edited:
hey and welcome to the site. (ill probably say this again if i find your hello thread)
as loz said your better buying the suspension as a kit. springs shocks or coilovers. however if the original shocks are in decent condition you may get away with them for a while. this will allow you to research into what shocks match the springs to give the best compromise. sometimes buying brand a springs and brand B shocks gives a better handling than buying brand A shocks and springs

Ok thanks for you interest, are you guys sure that if I only want to lower the car by 40mm I would need to buy shocks as well ? H&R kit I was looking for is about £600 :D not the best value but anyway we will see I'll start with the things i mentioned at the very beggining

Lowering the car on standard dampers means your standard damper is not working over the full range it was designed for, this could have an effect on the handling of your car. Purposely designed dampers that take the lower ride height into account will perform better. :D

Last edited:
Ok, you convinced me :)
Clear indicator are on the car, facelift bonnet in the garage
Alloys, tail lights are ordered and should be with me on sunday/monday

Nice work, you'll have to get to 10 posts then you can upload some pics for us. We do like pics!:D

You can lower any coil sprung car by the simple expedient of removing the spring , standing it in its end, heating the top 2 coils cherry red with a gas torch, quickly placing the redhot section on a flat surface and bearing down on the other end of the spring

Well not really, because first it's really difficult to 'squeeze' all 4 of
them evenly, second it's simply dangerous because spring can break at any time plus car looses its geometry etc. Would never do it ;)

Finnaly I'm able to add some pictures, this is how my car looks at the moment (not best I know) and watch how it's gonna be looking in few weeks/months :D

You can lower any coil sprung car by the simple expedient of removing the spring , standing it in its end, heating the top 2 coils cherry red with a gas torch, quickly placing the redhot section on a flat surface and bearing down on the other end of the spring

Well not really, because first it's really difficult to 'squeeze' all 4 of
them evenly, second it's simply dangerous because spring can break at any time plus car looses its geometry etc. Would never do it ;)

ditto. some places do this however i believe that it can cause issues if too hot and for the price of a cheap set of springs not the best idea

Let's hope they will look sweet on the car, do you know where you can buy bigger polished dish ? At the back I want it to be a bit wider

Mate there is plenty of places to go. You just need to find a good supplier of alloy wheels. I can't think off the top of my head but i'll have a dig and get back to you tomorrow.

Today I received the alloys, they look amazing, by the end of the week they should be on the car
Tail light did not come :| I have to wait at least 2 weeks now

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back