best way to get more power?

A

ashh

Hi all, I have a corsa D 1.2sxi and its a tad slow for my likings. Anyone got suggestions to get more power? Is it possible to stick the 1.4 sxi engine and box in? I would have just bought the quicker car but my insurance is too much :( Any help is appreciated. Cheers

Hi and welcome.

If you put a bigger engine in your car the insurance will be more than if you simply bought a bigger engined car to start with :)

As you can't afford the insurance for a more powerful car, stick with what you have until you can.

As you are young, I guess, any mods you make can attract a higher insurance premium, especially mods that affect performance.

Modifying a car and not telling the insurance company means you are giving them your money for no cover. In the event of a crash or theft, as soon as they find out the car has undisclosed modifications (even alloy wheels if not fitted as standard) your insurance is null and void. If you hurt someone or damage an expensive car you are in for a whole lot of financial pain which could last years. Also, getting insurance in the future will be both difficult and expensive.

A young person in a modifed car is a police magnet. If they suspect that the car is not insured properly you could be in trouble and have a very bad day.

Greetings and a Warm Welcome to our TorqueCars Forum my Friend!
Good to have you along with us :)

Please take careful note of the above post from Old-git Ash, it is a reality check for you.

Save your money buddy and just enjoy the car for what it is, a stepping stone to bigger and better things :)

Good advice from OG .
I would suggest that you may want to consider saving up for a car that has the grunt you want from the factory as it will/should have the brakes,handling and transmission strength built in and no hassles with insurance etc.
I always notify my comprehensive insurance coy of every mod via email ( must have a paper trail ) no matter how little it may be and they send me a revised policy listing all my mods.
It would be easier to ask what haven't I modded as my list is extensive & expensive :amazed: