Best tuned diesel to get?

Porschester

Car
noneyet
Hey guys,

Looking to get a diesel hot hatch from new.

Whats the best one to get?

I'm looking to remap the ECU immediatley and so I suppose I'm asking what the most tunable diesel is.

Thanks

P

Hi and welcome to TorqueCars, its nice to have you along. Best diesel - that is a tough one.

I would say either the BMW 330d engine in anything in terms of power or the best most practical car out there is the VAG 1.9 GTtdi with 150 bhp as standard. A remap lifts this to stupid power levels and more Torque than a womans insitute! ;)

hey man, thanks. is that the VW Golf 1.9 GT TDI? how much torque can they get? do you know? I have just done some research and they can get a 1.9 Astra to 420nm !! as fast as a MazdaSpeed 3 or a Focus ST .. can any other car top this at a reasonable price? the BMW's are a bit out of my budget ..

The power figure is only part of the equation. The gearing, wheel size and weight all have a big bearing on the performance.

I think you'll be more than happy with most modern TD engines rated to 150bhp as standard.

remapped alone 150 vag you should be looking at 200bhp and 318ftlb ( 430Mn if you want it that way)
depending on what you go for custom / generic you may be able to squeeze more out.

Torque is king. It's torque that flings your car down the road. BHP is only a by-product.

Mine delivers over 320lbft and it truly flies. No need to wring out the revs.

I wish you every success with your project. Let us know how you get on and keep in touch with us - we've lots of other threads going on.