Best getaway car

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
OK so I saw the Italian job and this got me thinking. If I were planning a heist what car would I choose and why?

I think it would need to be fast, handle well and be able to carry a big load so the RS6 would do it for me. Plus I would cover it in film so I can whip this off under a bridge and have a different coloured car instantly.;)

What would your ideal getaway car be then? What toys would you have in the car as well to aid your getaway?

The film the transporter comes to mind

Something fairly non-descript, an audi estate for instance, not something the police will spot and recognise from miles away, something they'd have to check the number plates of to know it's the right car. So gadget would be a number plate changer. The car would be turbo charged and have Nitrous just incase, but handling is of great importance to whip it round corners. Yet the car will need to look factory stander from the outside, the idea is to keep it generic so it's hard to pick out in a crowd. Probably in black.

The windows would be bullit proof as well... just incase. With a slide away panel in the floor, for stopping at the lights above manhole covers and dissapearing through the floor. A scanner to listen in on the police radios and a satnav so I don't get lost Lol

as for space, the estate should have enough seats for acomplices and enough boot space for most jobs, bigger items would be special jobs and would get a vehicle specially for the job.

oh and a self destruct, not an explosive one, just a fire one so that after I've escaped through the floor into the manhole with the loot, I can hit a button on a remote and the car will incinerate and remove all DNA evidence.

So a heavily customised black audi estate that looks factory standard :)

Last edited:
A 1969 lime green Dodge Charger with black detail which I'd crash into a train at the end of the film!

I think I've cracked it :bigsmile:...

The Moller Skycar.

acffec51.jpg

I think I've cracked it :bigsmile:...

The Moller Skycar.

acffec51.jpg

Rather conspicuous, admitedly police helicopters aren't trained in stopping manovers for flying cars Lol but I'll assume they'll be happy to just follow along laughing until you eventually get to your destination. Unless you're going to Mexico of course where they can't follow you, but then you'll just get mugged and raped as soon as you land.

Besides it'll be rather easy to trace who's bought a skycar recently, list of suspects then will be pretty short :p

(wasn't serrious I know, nor was I :p:lol: )

Also not much room for the loot.... I'll shut up now *cough*

Last edited:
I was going to say Bugatti Veyron - purely because its my answer to everything. Then i realised the whole "boot space" issue :p

I agree - RS6 Estate.

lol wayne. just give me a big ol 4x4 with planty of power and extra gas. something like a blazer or a suburban (covered back so mor portection) through some nice 24 guage steel around it for protection and add the bullet proof glass as well. make sure the tires are nice and tall treadwise and really thick all around. hard to stop something that spike strips can't puncture and can just run over your roadblocks lol. that or a boatcar that can push some decent knots on the water. (most of these are custom jobs any how)

A Subaru Impreza. Cause there are that many about. Would blend right in anywhere. And with a tuned engine there's not much that would catch it.
Sod the acomplices they can find their own way home the loot can go on the back seat. ;)

its got to be the delorian from back to the future. because then you could go back to 5 mins before the crime, discreetly place oil/nails in the road where the police come from then go and do the crime again. double money double fun!!

its got to be the delorian from back to the future. because then you could go back to 5 mins before the crime, discreetly place oil/nails in the road where the police come from then go and do the crime again. double money double fun!!

I think we have a winner guys and gals!

Death race cars would be great fun, not sure you'd really get away with it, but then you wouldn't really care, you'd be having far too much fun Lol

I've just started getting into the new night rider. I think the first season definately improves.

I'd prefer to have a Mustang like kit with all those gadgets, thats the bank security dealt with effectively.