berlingo engine change help ?

trainer0991

Car
citroen berlingo
hi guys im new to this site and just needing some help if possible. anyways i have a citroen berlingo 1.9 diesel no turbo van and the engine has gone im just wondering if i get a different engine and it aint the same engine code as the 1 whats in the van could i use the replacement engines ecu if mine was different as i have been told there are a few different codes for these vans so basically wondering if it didn't run with my ecu would i be able to put the replacement engines ecu in for it to run ect thanks. or if so is there any way i can find out my engine code

Last edited:
Greetings and Welcome to our TorqueCars Forum my Friend! :)

I am unable to help you with your question directly, but hopefully somebody can point you in the right direction for the knowledge that you seek!

Good luck! :)

You need 10 posts to upload pics mate.

If it is a mech engine, then there are a few on ebay. Was yours a non turbo mate?

yeah its a non turbo 1.9D i have a feeling it could be the WJY engine code but i do know there is a WJZ 1 aswell and are right a see was confussed why it would not let is upload it lol

Jarrus is the man in the know when it comes to PSA engines.

You could grab an phase1 306, xantia or belingo turbo diesel engine and it should go right in without too much fuss.