Back from supersprint at Wakefield

Hey everyone,
got the car to Wakefield Park Supersprint last weekend and managed another PB if only by .22 of a second, now at 1:13:25 and will be trying to get into the 12's next event.

Toyo's are 2 years old now and even thought they still have life left in them I imagine they are quite a bit harder than when I first got them so thinking a new set will help to get me under the 13 sec mark.

Posted time had me finishing 27/101 and even half a second shouldl take me up another 5-6 places

Have probably got the car as far as I can with the handling and will now have to look at power and weight reduction. Power going to be costly so will have to start saving before any investments are made.

Brought a Carbon GT wing from Mu Secret last week and after having a think about it am not going to fit until i get a few more ponies under the hood, but here are some pis of wing.
CarbonGTWing4.jpg

:love:
CarbonGTWing3.jpg

CarbonGTWing2.jpg

CarbonGTWing.jpg

:love::love::love:

Anyway thats all for now, Keep on Motoring on

Hopen to improve rear down force, but know there is going to be trade off with increased drag, so am going to start working on increased HP first, and want to also fit an air dam/splitter to front which I'm going to have a go at making my self.

Do you have any comments on down force over drag??

In the BTCC races over here in the UK, it does seems like every car which is FWD or RWD has a rear wing fitted, but this is also accompanied by a front splitter system of some description. OG is the best one here to advise on aerodynamics and the use of lightweight composite materials, he is actually building his very own drag car and is obsessed with weight reduction. ;)

That wing does look gorgeous but I think it will only improve looks tbh. I think you'd be better off with some sort of front and rear diffuser.

Difficult to get a good idea of the cross section of this item, but it looks to me to have a concave top surface, yes? Another photo seems to show that it has a thick cross section near the front edge.

If the top surface is concave (curving towards the ground rather than the sky) then it won't work as a wing, it is more of a spoiler and drag inducer.

You are thinking of a Gurney flap, Loz. This is a small metal strip fixed at 90 degrees to the wing along the trailing edge. This affects pressure across the wing's entire upper and lower surface, increasing lift (or downforce) and reducing flow separation on the wing's suction side.

From the photos alone, I have to say that this doesn't look very well designed and is more of a fashion item rather than an aerodynamic device designed to increase downforce. Any chance of a photo showing the cross sectional shape (by taking off one of the fences)?

The supports are also going to produce a lot of drag and turbulance due to the lack of streamlining and the sharp edges of the fixing brackets.

$700? Geez, that would have been much better spent on power improvment, IMO.

Sorry to be a party pooper, but I say it how I see it and maybe totally wrong and the spoiler reduces your times appreciably, but I doubt it :-(

Last edited:

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back