Are cars getting too easy to drive.

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
Yesterday I read up on a test between the GT40 (driven by the Stig) and the Ford Focus RS driven by a mortal driver. Interestingly there was little difference between them in the bends, although the GT40 had a massive power advantage this only showed itself in the straights.

Does the clever diffs and technology take something away from the driver experience?

Which would you prefer? A Supercar that is hard to drive or a nearly as quick hot hatch which is very easy to drive fast?

they are gettin boring to drive, :/ handle to well, even though we do drop susp for better handlin, but you dont really need to on alot of modern cars, unless you want it for looks, but i dunno doesnt seem like any sense of adventure with newer cars, i love my vtr and loved my rover, so fun to drive :D so a supercar any day

Definately a supercar, nothing like the feeling or going hard into a corner without any controlling toys on your car and seeing if you come out the other side

I'm happy with all the stability control gadgets as long as it not at the expense of a good mechanical setup in the first place.

For example, I'd like to see an M5 with 4WD and then decide if it still needs so much additional electronic stability control.

If you remember back to the late 1980s, 4wd became quite a common offering on quite a few models. Today we just use electronics instead as it's much cheaper.