Anyone used Dynolicious?

adam1983

Road Burner
Car
Supra T67dbb 6Spd
Just wondering if anyone on here had used an app for iPhone called dynolicious. I have just downloaded it and was going to see how good it is at santapod.
Mounting the phone is a bit of a pain so any tips would be appreciated.
Anyone used it and got accurate results?

Not sure if it is on android. It measures various things like bhp, quarter mile times, 0-60 times, top speed and even how many Gs pulled in corners.

Just wondering what experiences anyone else had with it

I have it on my iphone.

it provides really cool graphs and is surprisingly accurate as long as you have the phone attatched to the dash securely - putting it in a phone holder isnt enough neither is double sided tape. I had to use duck tape which looked pretty silly but it did work.

Still amazing value for just over £8

An example of what it can do . taken nearly two years ago with no launch control and the old gearbox and clutch hence the slow changes

ipodSTQUARTER2.jpg

It used to be only available for the i phone and one blackberry model although only the iphone 4 seems to be fast enough to get decent results .
Of course it does depend on what car you are measuring

Last edited:
I think securing it is the main issue at the moment. Getting a few varied results at the moment from short straights. Not able to do a 1/4 mile around here safely so leave that for the track.
If you are at santapod at the weekend sleeper I will get some tips of how best to mount it. Will see if I have some tape knocking about somewhere to bring along too :)

Well I always have a roll of duck tape in the car, you never know when its sticking power may be needed :blink:

I shall look out for that App later as I too have never heard of it, will have to put my thinking head on for a secure fixing location. The phone always stays in my pocket as I use a Bluetooth handsfree kit with a separate caller display, so I never needed to have a cradle mounted in the car.

I won't ask why you keep duck tape T9 :)
I will come get some from you if I don't have any if that's ok. Be good to compare its accuracy side by side with the timing slip.

I won't ask why you keep duck tape T9 :)

If you follow the movies then you will find that all the best serial killers always have a coil of duck tape in the back of the van for the victim! :blink::blink:
But my main use is for her indoors when she starts to give it the back seat driver routine! :lol:

If you follow the movies then you will find that all the best serial killers always have a coil of duck tape in the back of the van for the victim! :blink::blink:
But my main use is for her indoors when she starts to give it the back seat driver routine! :lol:

Better option is make her drive the car then you can sit and patiently tear her driving to shreds - no tape needed :)

I just found a Android equivilent and from what I have read it is extremely accurate withing 1-2% of Wheel HP

Have a search for RaceDroid Lite it is a FOC App too

^^ accurate withing 1-2% of Wheel HP For something that does not actually connect into the car electronics that figure is remarkable ;)

^^ accurate withing 1-2% of Wheel HP For something that does not actually connect into the car electronics that figure is remarkable ;)

If its like the torque app it connects to the car via a bluetooth odb connector;)

1-2 % out isnt remarkable it is pure fantasy

It is simply not possible to get close to that accurate using a g force based program

After all you cant get two different dynos to give anywhere close to 2% on the same car when using rollers so on a g force based calculator to expect that is just daft.
I would suggest that either pp has misread the article or it was written by an idiot

I got readings of anywhere between 415 and 584 for the stagea but it gave over 200 on my civic - clearly the fastest standard 1.7 auto civic in the UK.

Before people say Im being harsh please remember I have been using this program for a while and that is what Ive found.

It works on the g sensor coupled with the gps to calculate speed and distance .All measureable to a good degree of accuracy if the phone is good enough. so good results are possible there
That is why it needs to be fixed ( and why I used duck tape to fix it to the dash, only then were the results close to good)

Its works bhp out from additional data you have to put in like awd/fwd/rwd and the cars weight. bhp is about more than that which is why the power figure are the least accurate.

Still a blinding buy for £8 though.

If its like the torque app it connects to the car via a bluetooth odb connector;)

Ah ok, thanks herb! :)

Everyone has duck tape surely? Duck tape can solve ANY problem. Duck tape and a shovel.

I forget to mention the folding shovel that I carry sometimes! :blink: Usually only in the winter though unless I have a wee job to do after dark ;)

I use the torque app. Its amazing. Does everything from read and clear fault codes to fetching ecu info like tempeatures ect to hp, torque, 0-60 and drag times.

^^ Sounds good Jake, I am wondering if it is possible to have that information fed onto a permanently fitted display in the car in a similar set up to what Loz now has in his MX-5?

Some people have mounted tablets into their dash boards. This also gives you options like sat nav, music ect.
I looked into it quite a lot but just couldn't afford it. If your interested oz ill be happy to give you any knowledge I've retained.

I used this when I had an iphone and found it very good....
however I had to get my mate to hold it onto the passenger seat to get consistant results,
I used a cradle I found at home but It wobbled to much and set it off too early before I moved off the line....

I can't remember what quater mile I got but my 0-60 was 10 seconds flat on my old engine (un modified0 a lot quicker than the quoted time of 13.1..... peugeot always quoted the fully laden figures to bring insurance grouping down.... 8.8 is the quoted for the gti6 but evo mag recorded an average of 7.2 and 6.9 for the 306 rallye

but other than that very good... I just hope they put it on android, they've made it for BlackBerry now..