Air Fuel Ratio + Distributor tuning

babyiswara

Car
Proton Iswara 1.5
Hello guys.

I've got a question about tuning the Air Fuel Ratio (AFR) and the distributor. I'm running on a carburetor engine.

So, which should come to prior for tuning? AFR followed by Distributor? or Distributor followed by AFR? :confused:

After all, I've found some trouble on AFR tuning. I've got no idea the way of tuning a Air Fuel Ratio in a carburetor engine. How to make it ideal at the same time works efficiently with the ignition timing ( distributor ). Perhaps I could seek some help in this helpful forum. :blink1:

Secondly, I was told that if advance the ignition timing ( distributor ) too much, engine will starts knocking. But in my case, when i advance the ignition timing ( distributor turn clockwise till the maximum ), it doesn't happen any knocking. The only thing changes is the engine looks like revving higher while idle. Is this normal? :blink:

Have your tired revving it up with that dizzy setting?
I would reckon it's too far advanced in it's current setting,

personally i'd go for about 14:1 - 12:1 and then then advance the timing so it doesn't knock though the entire rev range, if you've advanced it all the way and it's ok on idle doesn't mean it will be ok when you are driving the car

also I would try and find some factory settings as well so if you bugger it up completely at least then you can put it back and have a working car

Have your tired revving it up with that dizzy setting?
I would reckon it's too far advanced in it's current setting,

personally i'd go for about 14:1 - 12:1 and then then advance the timing so it doesn't knock though the entire rev range, if you've advanced it all the way and it's ok on idle doesn't mean it will be ok when you are driving the car

also I would try and find some factory settings as well so if you bugger it up completely at least then you can put it back and have a working car

so you'will rather go richer for the Air Fuel Ratio?

Thanks man! Good info to me. :bigsmile:

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back