after suggestions for a work horse

herb

modherbrator
Car
Seat Leon Cupra
I've had my payout from the insurance and im after suggestions for a replacement for the legacy

the criteria is
budget £1,000 slightly less if the vehicle has no tax,
must be a saloon with a large boot, an estate or 4x4,
30 mpg,
awd,
5dr,
manual but for the right car id reluctantly go for an auto,
i like gadgets so the more its got the better,
within a 50 mile radius of dudley dy3 ideally but will go further for the right car,

top of the list atm is a jaguar x type

i look forward to members suggestions:bigsmile:

the x type is part mondeo:lol:
Tbh i hadnt even considered the mondeo the only thing its missing is awd:-( but definatly worth considering cheers

not sure you'll get a decent x-type for a grand tbh.

As long as it has a healthy engine and can last me a year id be haopy! plus this being a work horse its going to end up being covered in paint;)
So if it has a few dents/scrapes i can live with that:)

Yeah, seems almost too cheap, although it's probably cos they're not brilliant on fuel and a bit basic inside. Supposed to be very tough if looked after though.

well after alot of searching i realised i was limiting myself so much wanting awd so it is no longer a priority. i was truly amazed what you can get for £1,000 and less:amazed:
top of the list atm is
rover 75 estate 2.0 cdt connoisseur x2:love:
ford mondeo 2.0 tdci estate x4
peugeot 206 2.0 hdi estate x2
peugeot 306 2.0 hdi estate x3

all these cars are within 30 miles of my home all under £1,000 bar 1
all have long MOT's, but short tax on most of them, all have service history and recites/invoices for major works done so the world is my oyster:bigsmile:

I love my Mondeo work horses, I must be on number 6 now over the past 12 years, the one I drive at the moment is a 2.0 tdci 130 ghia estate with over 220k miles and is just fine.

I have both a mondeo and an X type and without a doubt the Mondeo is the better car, nicer to drive, much much bigger internally and so on

the mondeo is right up there!!
but the rover 75 atm is taking the lead! its full of toys and has heated electrically adjusted leather interior a big plus in my book. my mate is going to look at 1 of them for me tomorrow and if he gives me good feedback it might be the 1;)

I thought i wanted a rover 75/mgzt until i took one out, truly awful especially after getting out of the mondeo, Anyhow I got a fantastic deal on an X type, How about a legacy, they are meant to be as good as a mondeo and tick all your boxes

I thought i wanted a rover 75/mgzt until i took one out, truly awful especially after getting out of the mondeo, Anyhow I got a fantastic deal on an X type, How about a legacy, they are meant to be as good as a mondeo and tick all your boxes

awful in what way???
all the legacy's i liked the look of where 3 hrs away not really worth it considering what i can get locally

I always quite liked my uncle's 75. Bmw input remember. But sometimes plagued by rover build issues.

Since owning the siggie I've read that the vectra/signum 2.0T is a really reliable engine, saab engine and lasts forever apparantly.

I always quite liked my uncle's 75. Bmw input remember. But sometimes plagued by rover build issues.

Since owning the siggie I've read that the vectra/signum 2.0T is a really reliable engine, saab engine and lasts forever apparently.

i looked at the signum/insignia but sadly they are out of my price range:(
as for the vectra and models below sorry but i just cant ever bring myself ever to own 1