abuse of power

StevieDB9

Road Burner
Car
Ford Focus 1.4
was at alton towers the other day, as you do, and you know what its like leaving the park. a million cars queued up to one junction. anyway, after stop start for a good 20 minutes i get to the junction that causes the traffic in the first place. then i hear the siren behind me, so obviously i pull in tight to the verge to let the police car through. low and behold once he gets through he turns his lights and siren off. and it wasnt as though he just turned them off because there was no need to warn anyone, he wasnt on an emergency call, i ended up catching him up when he was behind another car. rmrrmmemmagmgnhga, (is that how you spell angry) its so annoying cause they can be obnoxious b***ards and pull you over for the smallest thing but they can get away with anything...

calm, in through the nose..

i agree, there are a lot of PR***S that are coppers and like to abuse there power, someone my sister works with, her aunt got killed by a copper who was bluelighting it to pick up a takeaway and ran her over.

bloody hell, sorry to hear that, puts my road rage into perspective there. yeah, your right, P*ICK.

remember unmarked car tried to stop me for (quite legally and safely) overtaking a slow car on a very straight and long peice of road. refused to stop and they soon gave up.

I think every profession has its resident morons. I'm not sure I would behave with a blue light on my car though!;)

Cops know that cars are easy pulls and it boosts their conviction rate. What's easier...pulling somebody who is overtaking legally and safely and then giving them a ticket? Or catching a real criminal? I think N.W.A. said it best.... :lol:

Sorry to hear that Steve. Waynne you are spot on mate, you will always see power being abused, and you will always have some stupid waste of space in any job.

There was a conviction here last year on a cop who abused the blue light... He drove from Reykjavík to Keflavík doing probably 150 kph or more where the max speed is 80-90 kph.

I have heard about stories like this one you talked about at the junction here in Akureyri where a cop used the lights to get to a shop before closing...

That is the only one I know about that has been to court so they do get away with alot but still that one might be a sign...:blink1:

Wasnt there a recent case of a copper having blue lights on and running over a little lass? Even though he wasnt on an emergency call? Apparantly the blokes gettin 7 year in the nick for it

yeah there was 2 doing nearly 150 this year both got off with it.

there was the police driving boss caught doing the same - his exucuse was hes was trying out different routes for testing. But no paperwork was filed and noone knew anything about it