a work vehicle for a £1,000 or less

herb

modherbrator
Car
Seat Leon Cupra
ok im looking for a new work vehicle atm and im open to suggestions
the criteria is
as much luxury as possible for the money,
a half decent size so i can get my tools in the boot/back seats so hatch back considered;),
manage 30+mpg,
fwd/awd no rwd,
performance isnt really an issue here i just want something capable to accelerate me to the posted speed limit safely,

my short list so far
vw passat syncro saloon/estate
grand jeep cherokee
landrover discovery
peugeot 406
audi a4

any other suggestions???

Honda accord Is a good reliable buy. Don't dismiss the Volvo either especially if you need the space in the back. I think the passat is probably the buy in your list so far.

Go for the Disco Herb. Either that or the passat.

Hatches will set you back more on costs. There are pleanty of cheep saloon's out there. I liked the old Vectra (pre2003) for a good work car. Bit old now.

Now I would have said avoid the Disco, one in that price range would be a right tin of worms imo and if I recall correctly the TD4 engined ones are under powered and thirsty.

I've changed mind about the ZR, I think the Passat or the Volvo would be a good choice. :D

just to test the water i had a little cheeky bid on a disco v8 lpg got outbid if i had persisted i could have got it for £850
ive got another disco im watching that finishes tomorrow ill see if i can get that for a steal if not a passat tdi is finishing sunday. i think the way the car market is i might just wait and just put silly bids in so i can pickup a real bargain;)

and loz no the van ended up going to someone else so the heating issue never got sorted

I wouldn't go for a Disco Herb buddy.
My parents have had a few and for what you pay for them they are mostly dogs that need work doing to them.
The 2.5 diesel is the one to go for but they come at a price.

I never knew much about them untill reading about them a few years ago. JC raves about them so I looked them up. They have it all. They are good motors, and I don't know anyone who has a bad word. Can't believe no one thort of one for you.

Hope she is a good en. :)

I never knew much about them untill reading about them a few years ago. JC raves about them so I looked them up. They have it all. They are good motors, and I don't know anyone who has a bad word. Can't believe no one thort of one for you.

Hope she is a good en. :)
i hope so to!!

Nice one herb, it looks great! I remember that episode by JC - apparently the rich country set love this car, so you are at least in good company ;)

looks like a great buy Herb.
thgood.gif