20VT Mk2 Golf

Very lol. Especially as I know it'll be a long while before I find a decent Grale. Needs those mirrors changing and that front splitter ripping off though! Needs an LSD too most likely.

agreed on the spliter and mirrors.

if its got the 6 speed box these are supposed to have near identical length driveshafts as based on the quattro box. In fact it could be the quattro box with the propshaft blocked off

Very lol. Especially as I know it'll be a long while before I find a decent Grale. Needs those mirrors changing and that front splitter ripping off though! Needs an LSD too most likely.

i like alot! but i completely agree about the mirrors and splitter 1000%!! but my personal preference on the mk2 would be to have the the twin headlight grill and the big bumpers

Are you talking of the LHD ones that were around about 25 years ago?

Hooligan's cars in my opinion. Brilliantly over powered and under-designed. It's a shame no-one thought to make a RHD conversion available.

Hooligan's cars in my opinion. Brilliantly over powered and under-designed. It's a shame no-one thought to make a RHD conversion available.

They did think about it but there was a conflict with Lancia and the UK with regards reliability thats why they never made a RHD version.;)

Well you're in the minority with that opinion :lol: Not 25 years ago no! Some have been converted to RHD but with a slower rack and it's just not the same, they aren't as valuable either because they're a purists car.

I still want a Grale but something like this would be a nice filler. It's just too damn far to "pop down" for a look.

:lol: It'll cost me £60 to go and look at the thing. Unsure what to do.

Pgarner, these AMK engines the same as the BAM just with a different map?

What's the KO4 turbo and internals like? Stand up to 300bhp+?

Very nice, it looks like everything you wanted to do to a car like this has been done for you.

:lol: It'll cost me £60 to go and look at the thing. Unsure what to do.

Pgarner, these AMK engines the same as the BAM just with a different map?

What's the KO4 turbo and internals like? Stand up to 300bhp+?

AMK are supposed to be stronger internals than the BAM will check later on the parts but last time i looked im certain they were same parts. both map to the same anyway

K04 is around 270 mapped (as advert says) but start to get weak after that even a hybrid version your looking at a max 300. turbo is slightly more laggy than its smaller brothers

twin headlights are getting hard to get VW no longer stock them, but supposedly a truck manufacturer uses the same lights on a wagon and can be ordered through them

Well you're in the minority with that opinion :lol: Not 25 years ago no! Some have been converted to RHD but with a slower rack and it's just not the same, they aren't as valuable either because they're a purists car.

I still want a Grale but something like this would be a nice filler. It's just too damn far to "pop down" for a look.

It wasn't a criticism - it was praise for producing something so brutally driver hostile yet still fun

AMK are supposed to be stronger internals than the BAM will check later on the parts but last time i looked im certain they were same parts. both map to the same anyway

quickly checked,
block, pistons, wrist pins, crank are all the same just seems to be the power
similar to the AUM and AUQ engines its really only the map thats different

quickly checked,
block, pistons, wrist pins, crank are all the same just seems to be the power
similar to the AUM and AUQ engines its really only the map thats different

Sometimes its stuff like oil/water heat exchangers and diddy little oil jets pointing at the underside of the pistons which offer additional cooling to accommodate the extra power, torque and heat that a higher tune level will create.

Oil sprayers. Decided against it, one of the major reasons for halting the project was it still being FWD, so it'd be a contradiction to go for something like this, even temporarily. Absolutely ZERO time to go look at it either,

Sometimes its stuff like oil/water heat exchangers and diddy little oil jets pointing at the underside of the pistons which offer additional cooling to accommodate the extra power, torque and heat that a higher tune level will create.

nah the block is basically identical for the whole lot.
really the only differences are the pistons - lower compression (9.5 on the 150-180, 9.3 on the 210 and 225 and 9.1 iirc on the 240)
and turbo and air cooling.
the oil cooler etc is the same