2.2 HDi remap questions

Re: Best diesel engines to remap

HDi fun,
Could I ask who remapped your 2.2 hdi?

Best wishes

You can ask, and the answer is yes, you can!

But I'll answer the question I think you're asking right here: Celtic Tuning.

The results I have seen with Celtic's map are better than their own prognosis. They quote 178bhp and 305lbft. That, I think is a modest claim.

On a RR test some months later (not done by Celtic) it showed 192bhp and 328lbft. This was running on BP Ultimate diesel and on a very cold day.

Hi,

Thanks for the info.
Any info on removing the fap, is it as simple as removing a filter or cutting out part of the exhaust.
Also, the turbo gt1549p is not variable geometry type, any research on adjusting to 1749 or 1752 specification.

Best wishes

You can remove the FAP very simply. THe problem is that the ECU code will look for it and will go into crawl home mode if it's not there. It might be possible to sort out the code in the ECU so that it ignores its absence. I think it relies upon exhaust pressure before and after to determine whether a passive regeneration is required.

As for turbochargers, I think it's a Garrett T3 with integrated wastegate, actuator and geometry is variable.

Hi and welcome to this wonderful site :)

Celtic tuning is down your way so it may be worth giving them a call. My son is an agent for them but he is in Essex :-(

Where abouts in Essex? He might end up doing mine when i eventually get round to booking it. :embarrest:

Hi Bertrum

Near Chelmsford. What car would you be interested in getting done? Let me know and I will check whether he can do it.

The one the OP is one about. My 2.2 HDI 406.

How far does he travel? im just inside the suffolk essex border. (well kind of)

No. It was young enough when I bought it to assume that it was working correctly. It drove the same way as a couple of other 2.2 HDi models I'd previously driven so I never bothered.

Hi, thanks.
I wondered if it would be possible to meet and if you would take me for a drive. I live near Dorchester

No. It was young enough when I bought it to assume that it was working correctly. It drove the same way as a couple of other 2.2 HDi models I'd previously driven so I never bothered.

I am about 140 miles from Dorchester, which in itself is not a problem; I would love to be able to do this.

There is, however, a slightly bigger issue:

My car was written off on 24th June 2009 in a severe 60mph frontal impact.

I was driving at the speed limit on a main road when a driver emerged from a side road about 3 car lengths ahead of me. I had no chance at all.

I ploughed into the side of the engine bay of this emerging vehicle at over 50mph, I estimate. The external damage was extensive. To look at it was horrific.

Thankfully I got away extremely lightly on the physical front. The restraint systems all worked superbly. Mentally, however, it's screwed me up a bit, I'm sad to say.

In short, then, the answer is no, but it's for all the reasons I didn't want to have to be giving you.

What I can vouch for though is the car's integrity in a severe impact.

And I still fully recommend you get your car tuned similarly, you will not be disappointed at all. The results are immediate and eye opening! I also found an overall reduction in fuel usage and the engine (which is already one of the smoothest 4 cylinder diesels anyway) felt even silkier afterwards.

Hi, thanks.
I wondered if it would be possible to meet and if you would take me for a drive. I live near Dorchester

Hi, sorry to here about your accident :-(

I am about 140 miles from Dorchester, which in itself is not a problem; I would love to be able to do this.

There is, however, a slightly bigger issue:

My car was written off on 24th June 2009 in a severe 60mph frontal impact.

I was driving at the speed limit on a main road when a driver emerged from a side road about 3 car lengths ahead of me. I had no chance at all.

I ploughed into the side of the engine bay of this emerging vehicle at over 50mph, I estimate. The external damage was extensive. To look at it was horrific.

Thankfully I got away extremely lightly on the physical front. The restraint systems all worked superbly. Mentally, however, it's screwed me up a bit, I'm sad to say.

In short, then, the answer is no, but it's for all the reasons I didn't want to have to be giving you.

What I can vouch for though is the car's integrity in a severe impact.

And I still fully recommend you get your car tuned similarly, you will not be disappointed at all. The results are immediate and eye opening! I also found an overall reduction in fuel usage and the engine (which is already one of the smoothest 4 cylinder diesels anyway) felt even silkier afterwards.

The one the OP is one about. My 2.2 HDI 406.

How far does he travel? im just inside the suffolk essex border. (well kind of)

Yes, he does travel, but that will obviously add a little to the cost. It would be cheaper for you to come here. If interested, I am sure something could be sorted out.
Pug 406 2.2HDi standard BHP 136 Torque 235
remapped 178 298

That sounds about right. You will quite possibly see more than this. I did; but I did feed it exclusively on BP Ultimate Diesel which does help. The dyno run was also done on a very cold day in late January 2007. You will defibitely see lower numbers if it's 105 degrees outside.

Hi, thanks for the offer but am quite a long way from Essex.
Anyone live in or near Dorset with a 406 2.2 hdi please.
No cars for sale near here either

Best wishes

Yes, he does travel, but that will obviously add a little to the cost. It would be cheaper for you to come here. If interested, I am sure something could be sorted out.
remapped 178 298

remapped 178 298

PM winging its way to you very shortly.

Hi,
The main limitation of the 2.2 HDI engine is the turbo- GT1549P. The turbo does not have variable geometry 'vanes' to widen the power band. Also, it has a relatively small hot side which decreases lag by spinning up quickly but this strength is a limitation at higher revs.

I notice the Honda 2.2 i-cdti turbo - GT1752V - has variable geometry, a larger hot side and compressor.

The VAG (VW,AUdi,Seat,Skoda) 1/9 and 2.0 tdi cars have a GT1749V standard and the first power upgrade is to make a hybrid GT1752V turbo similar to that of the Honda. This will reliably produce boost of 2.0 bar max and 1.8 bar constant.
However, the Accord is approx. 100 kgs heavier than the Pug Coupe so loses some of it's power and torque advanatages.
I drove an Accord last weekend and it seems like a well screwed together sharp handling car. I am going to drive a Pug Coupe this weekend and hope it compares favorably.

Best wishes

The Coupe compared well with the newer Accord.
The power was a bit 'lumpy' in comparison but pulled strongly from 2k rpm.
Try and find a coupe that has been well maintained.

Hi,
The second hand values seem to have gone through the roof. For example, a good 2002 with 60k is nearing 5k pounds