1.2 tuning help

R

RedReno

Right I'm 17 and i got a mk2 Clio 1.2 8v given to me, only thing is its a bit slow can you give me any advice on some relatively cheap parts that will improve my bhp. As for fitting not really a problem dad's a merc technician so anything that requires a lot of time int a problem its just knowing what to actually look into.

Also are these plug in tuning chips any good and which ones would work on my car? Web addresses would be much appreciated.

Thanks

You have got EXACTLY what I have at the moment.

In mine, with what I got.. I got a 0-60 of 11.8 ...

New stainless steel backbox, Universal Induction Kit... + Good driver ;)

First of all, any mods you make will increase your insurance a lot at your age. If you can afford to pay the high premium. Then I would suggest a full exhaust system, inlcuding a manifold, and maybe the headers. You can get some fast road cams and install a cold air feed with uprated air filters. However, you're looking at spending a lot of money for all that and for little gain (about 25 bhp). If you just want a cheapish (in comparison) mod to improve throttle response then get yourself a cat back exhaust system and maybe an air filter.

If I'm totally honest though, it probably isn't worth trying to modify your current engine. Your best bet is to save up and get a new engine, along with new brakes and suspension.