Clio GT tuning

Fuzzy GT

Wrench Pro
Car
Reanult Clio GT
My car goes in 4 her re-map 2morrow :) Next i wanna do alot 2 the car, induction kit and exhaust r 1st since i have a bit of experiance with both. I don't have a clue what other things performance wise 2 do to the car. Any suggestions??

Here are some pictures of the car.

P1020761-2.jpg

P1020765-2.jpg

P1020763-2.jpg

(If i have uploaded them wrong i do appologize, sorry i did try try tutorial)

Thanks, Fraser

Last edited:
Re: 2 buy or not 2 buy... VI Monitor

tis pretty new so you might have some issues getting parts for it,

when your doing the exhaust are you doing manifold and cat as well ?

tis pretty new so you might have some issues getting parts for it,

when your doing the exhaust are you doing manifold and cat as well ?

I'm not sure about the manifold as i have no idea what 2 do with it. The cat i will do. I got the cat in my older clio replaced with straight pipes but I'm guessing I'l get it done properly (like a cat back or something?) as my Gt is a new car and i want it done proper.
With the induction kit i can get a pipercross viper exact fit 4 my car would this b suitable?

Thanks again.

viper kit would be very good sugestion as these are the ones with the airbox on them arnt they ?

change the manifold for a more free flowing one,
cat for a sports cat - decat might cause issues with it being new and muliple O2 sensors and tighter tolerances.

going to move this to a new thread in the clio forum - give it 5 mins before replying

viper kit would be very good sugestion as these are the ones with the airbox on them arnt they ?

change the manifold for a more free flowing one,
cat for a sports cat - decat might cause issues with it being new and muliple O2 sensors and tighter tolerances.

going to move this to a new thread in the clio forum - give it 5 mins before replying

Thanks 4 the move:)

The viper induction is a closed airbox yeh so i figured pretty good then.
I will keep the exhaust info in mind. As 4 the manifold can these b custom made specific 2 one car or do i buy it from somewhere? There are 2 exhaust companys just round the corner from me so that might b a start?

Thanks

you might find some off the shelf avalibe but again newish car issue.
if the exhaust place knows what they are doing then they should be able to help you out and make one.

(also stop the txt speak - its not as bad as some, cheers )

you might find some off the shelf avalibe but again newish car issue.
if the exhaust place knows what they are doing then they should be able to help you out and make one.

(also stop the txt speak - its not as bad as some, cheers )

Well one of the guys are really good at what he does, might try him first and see what he suggests.

Sorry about the txt lol its a bad habbit.

Thanks for the help :cool:

Hi guys, Sorry It's been ages since I replied to this thread but heres an update on the GT.

Since this thread I have had the car remapped, have installed the Pipercross Viper induction kit and had a few other things done too.

I had it on a rolling road not too long ago which showed an increase of 11 Bhp and 12 Torque over standard. Not a huge increase but pretty good. The car feels more responsive and definitely more fun to drive.

I did have a backbox fitted but having problems so hopeing to get the full system done over the next few weeks.

Also Painted brake callipers and wheel inserts yellow. Some monster decals and had my Alpine sound system all retuned. Sounds amazing!

Got more plans when money allows.

Here are some pics -

P1020961.jpg

P1020936-1.jpg

Thanks, Fraser.

Good results on a 1600 for just CAI and a remap. I mullerred one of those all over the shop on the way back from AutoItalia the other day :lol: They do look good though.