1.0 micra on steroids, now a tuned 1.3!

Hello folks!
Well i had to start somewhere...and i did that with my '95 micra!
An entire 998cc of squeally jap power :embarrest: Apart from the obvious lack of power, i like it's high revviness...but the urge for more oomph is always niggling away in my subconcious!
Loads of real good info here, looking forward to applying it to the noddy-mobile :D

Mikey

Re: Possibly the smallest engine here!

Borrowed one of these 998cc 1995 Micra's from the girlfriends mother a few years back when I was looking around used car garages for a new car after my K-Series powered rover blew up (shock horror).

I can only liken it to driving a go-cart.

Thanks for the warm welcomes people! :D

Yup, it's an oversized go-cart alright lol, i do have plans to move on too...i bought a 1.3 SR micra! :blink1: tis sorn at the mo, but has much more scope for improvement...if it had the same mods i've done to the 1.0, around 90-ish bhp is possible i've read!!Insurance aint so bad as i'm pushin 30...around £270 3rd party...i'm suspicious of the price i paid to add my girlfriends car to my insurance though, i paid £15, yeah, £15!Apparently that's her wee clio 3rd party too?!?I 'll check the policy when it arrives...

Holy smoke, it's been ages since i posted here...well my 998cc engine's in my friends garage...and a 1.3 lump with 1.6 throttle body, 1.6 injectors,
1.6 E.C.U. and an adjustable F.P.R. now makes the Micra go broom!! :D What a difference...especially as i'm still running the 1.0 gearbox and flywheel, lower ratio + more power = very happy mikey!!!Full credit goes to the man who did the swap for me, you know who you are...legend! :blink1:

Ooo, cool!! A new thready thing and a good title :embarrest: I hadn't noticed this before!!Well, the real fun stuff will happen on Monday...all the good work will be undone for emissions purposes, Manifold etc (MOT) and no doubt i'll find other things that need attention...HuuaAH, SPANNERTIME!!! :p

Good first day of tweaking...two new driveshaft oil seals, new gearbox oil (again!) new engine oil and aspot of welding...tomorrow, standard exhaust back on and find out WTH is rattling on the o/s wheel! :blink:

Ha, i has been busy!Turbonutter, it was an anti-rattle clip on the brake that was, well, rattling! :p And all the heat shields "fell off" many moons ago eh!
Buuuut, mot fail :blink:....Car has an insecure CV boot clip, insecure brake hose clip and a cut on an inside sidewall of a rear tyre. Oh, and more rusty bits than ye could count!!So a lot of welding to be done, i have a tyre in the cupboard, and a few bucks to the welder should see another year on the 'mac :bigsmile:

And i can slap all the good bits back on and have a go at crail when the summer starts!

Aw well, only managed a 17 secon run at Crail...with a 1.2 second reaction time! :blink: What was i doing for that length of time?!? Better to come next time, but not too bad for a roller skate...couple of pics too, my newly blinged up mani and a pic from the engine swap :bigsmile:

DSC00999.jpg

DSC00904.jpg

Ach, i know, i was looking for mid to low 16's (not totally shabby!) but in my defense... it was my first time racing... it was piddling down for the first four runs... i was waaay too slow off the line, waiting for the green light instead of going when the ambers all lit up... i had skinny 155/70 R13's on the car... and my final excuse is that bloody 1.2 second reaction time...eye on the ball next time.

And i had eight runs too!

Oh, and the sun was in my eyes. End of whining snivelling excuses. :toung:

Good call... i didn't know that! :amazed: With a bit of practice, and a quieter day at the strip i should get some better results...or i'll hand the car to someone who's raced before and see what they can squeeze out of it :embarrest: