What winds you up?

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
Heres one of my pet gripes - people who just sit in the middle lane of a motorway with a huge pile of cars behind them. :evil:

I have never :? ever :? done this even when I was tired and not really concentrating. :oops: Ok So maybee the once but I worked it out and moved over!

One time as I overtook a Center Lane Owners Club member (clock) another car undertook them - the poor guy didn't know what was happening.

So what are your pet peeves? White vans? Taxi's? Traffic Wardens (dont get me started on the meter maids!)

I know the feeling - I think I have seen her - she's the one that manages to park her car in the middle of 2 lanes between 4 pumps (its usually a large people carrier or SUV) and totally gridlocks the middle part of the petrol station. Then they pay with a card - forgetting their pin, havent got quite enough money so put some of their items back and pay with cash, only they only have loose change. Meanwhile her little darling is bashing the wing of your car with his NINTENSTATIONXCUBE because his Barney DVD has finished playing.

Hey guys,

I agree with the both of you on the above mentioned. Especially the ppl who cruise at 60mph in the over taking lane :evil: . I do tend to undertake these ppl but no doubt it'll get caught, and have to take the points and fine instead of the more dangerous driver blocking the over taking lane.

Just one more....

Being fairly new to driving I have never endured the pain of being stuck behind a caravan. Until last summer when driving in the north of Scotland, on some great winding roads, I got caught in a queue of traffic stuck behind a caravan!! There were numerous Parking points along the roadside for the caravan and car to pull into but the driver just ignored them causing a tail back. Really annoying and I know I've got more to come.
:rolleyes:

r1066 = keep em coming - don't hold back on our account.

Here's another of mine - Drivers push through into a small gap causing a gridlock in both directions! If they had waited a few seconds longer and let an oncoming driver through the traffic would flow a lot better.

oh god how i hate middle lane drivers!! :evil:
i was in my grans car once (yeah i know) and she sat in the middle lane for about twenty miles, "theres two lanes either side if they want past" argh!
whats worse is when theres a long que of traffic cause for instance 3 lanes are merging into 2 and you get some ****** (usually in an audi tt) flying up the outside lane and trying to cut in at the front of the que. It happened to me once on a dual carriageway where there was roadworks up ahead. I was sitting in the inside lane with a lorry just in front in the opposite lane stopping these ****** shooting off. some bugger came up behind the lorry in an old volvo, drove up onto the central reservation, past the lorry and then some idiot actually let him in, probably some woman. then when i got to the front of the que and i flashed to let the lorry in some guy sitting next to me tried to get in infront of me :evil: i dropped a gear gave him the finger and shot off, well crawled off since it was my first car, a 218 diesel rover :oops: (special edition btw!! :lol: )
what else do i hate, oh yes woman that either blether on their mobile or put make-up on, bloody hell woman are safer drivers?!?! do insurance companies think us guys put on a nice bit of mascara en route to wherever.

another thing, whats the deal when you flash to let a car out of a junction or whatever and they dont wave a thanks, ungrateful ********. Then theres the old fuddy duddies that drive at 40mph along a country road then they get to a village and they keep doing 40. :x then theres girl racers in their candy pink ford ka's and the boy ricers that think modifying is putting a sticker on the back of their bloody corsa that says show us your mi nge.

people that dont use indicators at round abouts: you slow down cause you think there going straight through then they turn left leaving you sitting there like a pillock.

taxi drivers, buses and white vans, well they go without saying.

maybe i need some anger management :lol:

Anger management tip coming up - StevieDB9 I think you need to take some deep breaths and calm down. Count to 40 slowly thinking nice fluffy thoughts - sheep are good. Then throw out the clutch and let the tyres burn burn burn baby. Smoke them!

I'm sure you're going to get some abusive responses now from lets see, Taxi drivers, Van drivers, Lorry drivers, Old Drivers, Women Drivers, Rover Diesel owners well that's about 70% of the driving population! :shock: And they know what you drive. :shock:

BTW Giving the finger in slow moving traffic is not generally percieved as a smart move :?

Statistically women have more accidents than men but they cost a hell of a lot less. Men tend to write cars off and take out other cars and buildings in the process! I've seen Men shaving in the car :shock: I agree that Mobile phone users are the Devils work it really is so irresponsible. Most female accidents are bumper scuffs and mirrors etc...

Just thought I’d add one more moan.

Speed bumps/Sleeping policemen!!!!

I can see the point in having them in built up areas, but why do some places' have one bump straight across the road, yet others have 3 inconveniently placed bumps?

I thought the bumps were to keep you going slow, not to rip parts off the car. What’s the point in having a bump on each side and one in the middle? There’s no way to get over them without feeling like I’m assaulting my car.

Hopefully those of you reading this post ain't living some were as cursed as this city is with speed bumps. :?

They have even added speed bumps in our sleepy little town. They are a nightmare! They are the little square ones that look like your wheels go either side but they don't quite and you get to jump up the road either that or you rip off your sump!

That’s the ones!!!!!!

They were in the news here because they made them to high and lots of cars were getting torn to bits.

Now I just drive the longer way home to avoid them, although I can’t say I’m too impressed with the extra mileage. :x

I suppose thats what they call traffic calming measures, unless you have a Jeep :?

hear hear on speed bumps. i agree 100% with keeping to the speed limits in builts up areas but speed bumps are a nightmare. whats much better is those little bits of the pavement that stick into the road so that one side of the road has to give way. these are much better at reducing speed without ripping at the underside of the car.

btw waynne, the diesel rover was ma car :) ( ah what a machine :) )

Yes - you get a headache following them (if it is a bloke in front I will flash them assuming they just forgot to turn it off! Wouldn't want to scare a Lady driver though!). Some drivers seem to switch them on when there is a light drizzle. It rarely gets bad enough to turn fog lights on so why do so many people switch them on so early :x

I get wound up with School run drivers (not just the women either) - they all seem to have their brains switched off. Every morning I see stupid parking, overtaking,blocking the road. I remember when kids used to walk to school - no wonder most of the kids are FAT :x

People who pull out of junctions then go slow and pull off at the next turn or park at the side of the road further holding you up - especially where there were no cars behind you.

People parking in awkward places and then switching on their hazzards as if this makes it alright and safe.

People who don't drive in their own lane on islands!!!!

Arggghhhhh, its easy stay in the two white lines and follow it around!

Arrrrggggghhhhh.......

Apparently a lot of motorists have difficulty staying between the lines which leads me to ask exactly how they obtained a license and was the test way too easy:confused:

Apparently a lot of motorists have difficulty staying between the lines which leads me to ask exactly how they obtained a license and was the test way too easy:confused:

The driving test is too easy mate. Needs to be made harder with more advanced driving maneuverers thrown in for good measure. Much like the Swiss... Their driving test is extremely hard apparently and its expensive to learn too. However, if we did that here it will then increase the demand for poxy buses and trains, I hate them both. A lot...

People who drip along really slowly, being overly cautious and who pretty much stop every time they see an oncoming car are driving me nuts at the moment. Perhaps it's the heat!

HORSE LORRY DRIVERS,HORSE LORRY DRIVERS,HORSE LORRY DRIVERS, HORSE LORRY DRIVERS. Horse riders who don't acknowledge or say thank you when i have slowed down during my every day business so that they can enjoy their pastime and finally anyone who is arrogant enough to assume it's their god given right to slow me down so they can enjoy their pastime, mainly horsey types and some, (though very cyclists (who refuse to get to the side of the road) yes and did I mention HORSE LORRY DRIVERS!!! GGGRRRRRRRR, Probably going to rattle a few cages but I often daydream of eventually overtaking them and doing an emergency stop so is my disgust for them..
I remember back in the 80's there was a sticker campaign for the gribblys "I SPEED UP FOR HORSES" a bit harsh but wish horse lorry drivers sped up for me (or pulled over) Rant over

People who don't know how to merge and accelerate briskly to avoid others having to brake/slow down for them as take their own good time to get near the posted limit with nothing but empty road ahead.

Drivers?? who are clueless/over cautious/frightened to enter a roundabout with another car on it.
I have encountered some that have come to a complete stop at a RAB that was empty .V(\B

Drivers who fail to indicate lane changes at all/who hit the flashers as they change and those that seem to think that turning on the indicators gives them right of way.

Last edited:
Horse lorry drivers again and people who over take then brake or overtake and obey the national speed limit minus 1mph. Yes I speed