What is your best driving habit?

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
We often talk about worst habits, most annoying characteristics etc. So I thought I'd turn the tables. What is your best driving habit - the one thing that you do well that you feel is an important skill.

Me? Huh, um oh well er? Tough one.....

... I'm pretty good at thinking and reacting quickly. A few times there have been bikes falling in the road in front of me or once there was a wheel that the car in front swerved round at the last minute. Within a fraction of a second I was able to change lanes knowing it was clear and keep full control of the vehicle! My wife was convinced we were going to hit on all occasions but I saved the day :)

Anticipation is my best habit. Having covered over 700,000 miles over 20 years and made an effort to keep standards up I have built up a near sixth sense where you know what's going to happen nearly all of the time.

well, i did used to think that i was very lucky, i reversed abit too quickly and wasnt able to control my car before realising i was a metre away from a new vectra :shock:

i think it would be my abiity to maintain a smooth professional drive with clutch, brake and gas control. some of my mates are useless, bouncing all over the place :?

I'm a bit like HDI and can generally see something about to happen before it does more often than not.

I use the "slow" left lane/lanes far more than the average driver and usually arrive at my destination sooner after at times passing so many cars driving slower in the congested "fast "lane.