What is the best driving game

admin

Administrator
Staff member
What do you rate as the very best driving games?

Feel free to include any platform/Arcade/Console etc...

Do older titles still count NFS Underground 2 is one of my all time favourites and is the most realistic and comprehensive "mod your car and tune it sim i've played".

The following are my favorite all time racing games:
Need For Speed: Underground
Need For Speed: Underground 2
The Fast And the Furious: Tokyo Drift (PS2)
Forza Motorsport series
Gran Turismo 3 A-Spec

i loved the older need for speed games even the hot pursuit one
forza 4 i think is the most realistic beats gran turismo for game play
the new forza horizon is quite good aswell

Not clued up at all on these games I'm afraid, but I usually play Grand Theft Auto something with my nephew and I have a great time playing it :)

T9 Man, I highly recommend Forza. Any Forza game Forza Motorsport for the original XBox, and Forza Motorsport 2, 3, 4, and recently Forza Horizon are all for the XBox 360 and heavily compete with the Gran Turismo series. Forza is heavily notable not in that it has more cars than GT (which it doesn't), but that it has an absolutely AMAZING customization set up, enabling you to create vehicle with graphics as complicated as this:
forza_4_miku_itasha-614x671.jpg

Tell me which car is from the video game.

Thanks Tommy, I cannot believe how video games (If that is still the right terminology) has evolved from my early recollections. I am sure when the next big evolution driving game comes along then Uncle Os will have to buy it for him :lol:

Thanks TN, with this advanced gaming knowledge I am obtaining on TC, Uncle Os won't look quite like the dinosaur his nephew think's he is :lol:

i think it depends what console you play as forza is the xbox game and gran turismo is for the playstation i had gt5 but didnt like it so sold the playstation as i think there pants xbox all the way

I disagree TN, I've got both and GT5 was a MASSIVE let down. IMO Forza 4 is the best racing game bar none.

I've never played forza but from my limited knowledge I can agree with Tn gt5 is alot of fun online!
But the best driving game has to be police chase:p

Forza is way too twichy. Gt5 is by far the better driving game.
Forza for me feels more like an arcade game than a simulator. Yeah the customization is better with drivetrain and engine swaps etc but for on track driving Gt5 wins imo.
Especially the online part.

That's why Forza is a better game. It is 85% SIM 15% arcade imo which is a much more fun blend in a game than GT5 boring to drive sim style. Why would I want to sit in playing a racing sim when I can and do do it for real?

It's great fun online. Although I haven't been online with it for a while I normally set a room up with restrictions to keep everone on level ground and race the night away. It's good for a chill out.
I've been known to enter a few online championships as well.

Need for speed shift 2 was awesome! Had it on my PC. It was a combination of Forza with the customization and Gran Turismo for the graphics and gameplay. Plus with a PC I could set the graphical properties up nice and high! It was brilliant!