What garages say and what they mean.

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
When a garage says "Take it easy for the first 200 miles"

What they mean is "I don't think we bolted it on tight enough, drive as far away as you can and when it breaks you'll have to get a local garage to fix it"

"The car will be ready on Wednesday."

"We'll start to look at it wednesday and might even get it fixed unless there is something wrong with it!"

Can you think of any more - we need to inform people to look through the technical speak and work out what is really going on.;)

nope we cant find anything wrong with it.
just means we started it and it sounded fine but we havent bothered to really look at it look at it

'It's a design characteristic' - 'The beta testers and development team never got to the bottom of this before hitting the production deadline'.

'Factory Recall' - 'We've finally admitted that it was a design flaw afterall'

'The computer diagnostics didn't report anything' - 'The diagnostics software is also flawed and due for a top down re-write'

'They all do that' - 'We've been told to tell you this because the manufacturer has stopped honouring warranty claims from dealers'

'Never seen that before' - 'F***in' hell, not another one'

'It should be fine now' - 'It will be as bad as ever'

'Ouch, that's gonna cost ya' - 'Wahey, that's this year's bonus up front'

:lol: I think we have too many bad experiences of garages here.

We had to test drive it - "We needed some parts from 80 miles away and as your car had a full tank we used it."

"We didn't touch that" - We hit it by mistake and were hoping you wouldn't notice.