Wet Leyburn Historic Sprints start Predicted

TCJBOLDIE

Staff member
Car
2011 Honda FN2
Just checked the latest weather prediction for this weekends event and it's a sunny Friday so that's a plus for the trip there and setting up my camp in the pit area but rain forecast for Saturdays start so have treated all the glass with Rain X to hopefully chase the rain gods away :)

Will take the Starion for a short drive and top up with BP98 + a dash of Lucas Octane booster before loading onto my trailer for an early get away in the morning.

All of life's necessities are already packed into my 4x4 tow car and all tyre pressures and fluids checked.

Funny to see you posting about rain forecast in Australia TJ when most folk here think it's bathed in incessant sunshine - blame the TV for its Down Under programmes and the like. I seem to recall you saying you had frost on the windows too but then again you'll be in winter right now.

Must be good to get on the road and off to an event like this, hope you do well. How goes your 2016 event calendar compared to what you predicted (see attachment)
2016 Motorsport Calendar.png

So far so good and want to keep it that way :)

Remember at my age I compete for enjoyment not trophies :)

Well the RAIN X seemed to work as there was only a light sprinkle before the race start on Saturday morning so took it easy with the first run with a 59 sec then a 57 and a 56 to finish Saturdays laps.
Woke up to a -3 deg Sunday morning with ICE all over the cars for what turned out to be a glorious sunny day and started off with a 57 followed by a 56 and on the final run my first 55.9 which was my fastest ever so was very happy indeed.