2015 Leyburn Historic Sprints

Just received an email confirming acceptance for the event on the 15/16 August so will loading car onto trailer and camping gear into the 4X4 on the Thursday ready for an early start to drive app 180 klm there on Friday morning :)

Last edited:
Remembered to phone a committee member who lives there to save my camp spot outside his house which is in the pit area and on a hard footpath area as when it rains the main pit is in a farmers paddock that can get real soft and boggy :eek:

Some competitors arrive up to a week early but they are usually the ones with Winnebago's and the like:)

Have booked my dinner /night time meals 5 weeks ago at the pub as well as there are only the pub and the RSL in Leyburn for meals. |B

Better bolt on my new NITTO NT01 semi slicks and get a few road miles on them before the event as well.

Have purchased a new 4 stroke 1 KVA generator to replace the 2 stroke one that I have had for 5 years as it was becoming a bit hard to start at times for lighting my camp so I can make toasted sandwiches and read before sleep |B:)

Sounds like you are well organised there Rad, I hope it all goes marvellously well for you young man |B

Just received the final regs and entry list 230 entries and yours truly is in the "special interest" category car #211

Only a couple of weeks to go till the 14/15 August

Have installed a new thermostat and taken it on a 90 klm test drive and water temps staid in the mid 70 degree range co hopefully overheating temp problems are history;)

Just checked the weather forecast and not looking forward to waking up To 1 deg temps in my pit area camp :eek::(