Taking a chance on a parking fine

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
Have you ever taken a chance on getting a parking fine and got away with it?

I've never chanced it but I did get caught out once as my parking expired 5 minutes before I got to the car and ended up with a fine!

So far I have been quite lucky with this, to be honest most of the situations where I could receive a parking fine i.e. street parking or hospital car park; I much prefer to overpay at the machine than try and save a pound or two, the fines these days are getting bigger and bigger as local councils turn into latter day Dick Turpin's. ;)

I contested one I got in Reading in December last year whilst collecting a passenger. I was in the car, engine running, which I argued was not parked, it's stationary traffic. Initially they said no so I took it to tribunal with the video evidence and told them I couldn't move away from the kerb whilst their camera van was driving past me.

Last edited:
Winning! ^^ :)

One day last summer, I parked in a restricted time area. It was from 10-12. Of course, I had the day off and had a lay in. Forgot and got a fine, I was ofcourse to blame, as I didn't think but I only had to pay £30 instead of £65 as I paid before the due date.