Short term insurance: TAV?

Freddie

Road Burner
Well this is mainly directed at Wayne, the insurance guru - but someone else may have been in a similar situation..

The 106 Rallye I went to see the other day didn't QUITE do it for me.. So I'm on the hunt for a vehicle still.. The trouble is my insurance is due for renewal this week.. Obviously I could go ahead with this and cancel.. I haven't asked the company yet, but I'm sure I could stand to lose out quite badly..

Is there any other short term policys I could hold? Someone mentioned something about adding a 'Temporary Added Vehicle' to another policy.. Can anyone explain this further?

Please ask to confirm this but in general every insurance that is renewed will cancel pro rata - ie with no major penalties but perhaps just a small admin fee. If you go with a new insurance expect to pay heafty penalties on cancellation typically 30% for the first 2 months!! :shock:

Check the policy terms but renewing for a year is usually the best bet - put it on direct debit if dosh is tight but you are better off paying it off in one hit.