Sales Executives

Prince

Torque King
Car
BMW E36 318is Coupe
Hi all,
I need some advice. As some of you may know I work at Asda and have decided I need a change of job, something that pays more. So I applied for a sales executive job at The Car Shop in Northampton. The basic wage is low (£10,000 p/a), but after OTEs and commission the wages can rise up quite significantly (so I've been told). I've pretty much got it and will be offered the job on Friday.

Does anyone have any useful knowledge about this kind of job? Any advice? Would you take the job if you were me?

Thanks.

not really sure what a sales executive does? sorry so please elaborate!
but my sister works in sales (maybe the same not sure?) and when she first started she found it really hard selling the insurance policies to people cause she knew they didnt really need them! but after missing targets for so long she was retrained. and realised its a job (you cant feel empathy for the caller just sell!!) now part time she has a basic of £6k pa + £4 - 6k, o/t and commission. she hates the job, hates the fact she is selling crap! but the hours suit and the wages come in useful for holidays/nursery fees

Will perks include great deals on cars that crop up from time to time? It sounds good to me. Go for it.

Learn to make your sales pitch and then use silence to close the deal!

to be a good sales man you have to be able to tell a good lie lol

some of the car sales blokes i know deal with a lot of them tell nothing but the truth and could not care if they sell a car
they dont have many come backs and always sell there cars quick

the others try to sell there car to much and fail and most of the time the car is ready for the scrap yard

so end of the day when a person want to buy a car they have made there mind up before they come to you what they want
all you have to do is sell them a but more to make your bonuses

Learn the Cars you are selling ......

When a Customer comes in and ask's you a question about a car, always be prepared to question all the silly questions like "Does it have a spare wheel" lol

what about the company? Do they have a good reputation in the market or are they know for supplying dogs - as this will make the world of difference to how many cars you will be able to sell, good salesman or no. I work for a steel trading company and we utilise our name in the way, customers know if they buy from us then we will likely perform on the contract.

Thanks for responses guys! I really appreciate it. The company is well known around here but they are also known for pouncing on customers as soon they enter the premises. As a company they are fairly successful.

I want to be sure that the gamble is worth taking.

I work in sales and have spent some time working for a Nissan main dealer.
The trick is just be friendly, smile a lot, make sure your body language is nice and open and take a few seconds to weigh up the person you are talking to.
Old people love courtesy- sirs and madams’, may I get you a drink etc. Young blokes prefer being called mate and having chats about the finer things in life (beer, women and how fast the car is that they are interested in).
Also, try and establish a budget and what exactly they are looking for. Have they got a part-ex? How much are they looking to spend? Have you got any alternatives within their budget?
Try to get some figures into their head asap- what their part ex is worth, what it will cost on finance each month etc. It makes the sale easier to come to terms with for them and you have more of a chance of closing.
One last thing, if they moan about the price ask these simple questions;
Where do I need to be to win your business and (if they give you a figure) if we can do that price will you buy the car? You will probably know by that point if it’s a reasonable price and if not go to your sales manager and say I've made a sale if we do it for x price. Can we do it? It’s all about getting that initial commitment from the punter....
Sorry, I'm rambling
:confused:

Definately worth a shot. Opportunities like this won't come up every day whereas if it all goes t*ts up there's plenty of jobs in the supermarket flying aboot. Good luck whatever you do.

Thanks for all the replies guys. I actually decided against it after doing some more research. I found out that they have a quite a high turnover of staff as well.

I had a really good think and thought about all my options and decided I would send off the forms I have to become an ADI (driving instructor).