Car sales websites

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
What are the best websites to go on for car sales.

Autotrader seems to be on the decline as far as advertisers go, there are not that many cars from what I can see.

PH seems quite hard to filter and sort the cars and a lot of the ads are quite old.

So where are people advertising their cars?

When I am buying I tend to look on AutoTrader and PistonHeads. When selling I generally stick the car on eBay and that's that done! :)

All 3 of my current vehicles were from Autotrader. Seems a lot easier to buy a car than sell a car... annoyingly

Autotrader's site is a very good one in my opinion. Apart from the distance between buyer and seller (which is never less than outrageously wrong) it is a good place to look for 2nd user cars.

I am currently living in south Dorset. It seems the most expensive place in the country for used cars. Cheaper in every direction but it allways seems Scotland has the cheapest cars of all, followed bu Leeds and then Manchester. None of which are anywhere near Dorset (Or England LOL)

I want to bring this old post back to life as times have changed , so where do you look these das for your vehicle buying entertainment

Carocean is another of the sites that trawls all the other site.

PH does have some interesting cars but the search facility and their selective categorising is rubbish.

we have Craigslist here in the states, great place to search as it is free to post but have to be careful and know what you are looking at. Second for me is Autotrader then Cardomain. Quite a few people put up full sets of pics on the mods they do so you can see if they did it right or not.