Surviving the January sales

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
People are going mad for the sales this year, probably because of the VAT rise due in the next week.

If you feel the need to go to the sales then follow this simple advice.

Go early and leave at lunchtime. Most people stay in bed and so you will avoid the major crush if you can get your shopping done before they all start arriving. You'll get a good parking space and first pick of the bargains.

It also helps to eat a full cooked breakfast because it usually means you can avoid the food queues until about 3:00.

Wear elbow pads. :bigsmile:

Lol, Unbelieveable but true! went to Harrods sale last year to witness a very well to do looking lady of about 60ish, who fought like a gladiator in the Royal Doulton dinner service section :amazed:

i know people are saying get it now before the vat goes up but its going up by 2.5% so even when you spend 100 quid its 2.50 more i know its 2.50 but its not worth all the rush buying stuff

i might have to go to bluewater soon to get my mums xmas pressie as i never get it early lol and dont really want to due to all the people and ques

i know people are saying get it now before the vat goes up but its going up by 2.5% so even when you spend 100 quid its 2.50 more i know its 2.50 but its not worth all the rush buying stuff

i might have to go to bluewater soon to get my mums xmas pressie as i never get it early lol and dont really want to due to all the people and ques

You let mummy wait until January for her christmas present!!!! Lutonmatt shame on you :embarrest: :lol:

yep she only gets stuff on sale as well lol
i am a poor mot tester with 3 cars to run dont have the money to get a full cost present lol

yep she only gets stuff on sale as well lol
i am a poor mot tester with 3 cars to run dont have the money to get a full cost present lol

Lol, I don't know how you sleep at night? you must be single handedly keeping the Horlicks factory running :lol: