Sad Number plates

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
Saw a car at the weekend with V14GRA on its plate - why oh why would anyone want to drive around with a number plate named after a male impotence drug? IS NOT P1LES in the same league. Then I got thinking what other number plates out there would you not put on you car let alone pay out money for.

My old neighours reg plate was D1 CKS - he had Cavalier King Charles Spaniels and his name was Derek. His wife ordered it for him as a present quite innocently,but he found it really funny, he thought she was taking the mick, but she got embarressed when she realised. Didnt stop him from putting it on his car!!!!!

Saw 100 RUN, which allegedly belongs to Daley Thompson - quite tasteful.

A69 GAL - clearly advertising her preferences - Mazda MX5

T1 3VOM on a Porsche 959 (remember those from 1987?). - In your mirror it reads MOV3 1T.

vr1066 said:
I find most of the personalised reg's a bit cheesy but I do like the Porsche one above.
I have a private reg on both of my cars. I dont find them cheesy, i like to have them, cause you never have to memorise more than 2 regs. Also it is a personalisation on the cars.
My trooper has K90 ROT (K90 for the dogs and ROT for my rottweilers)
My Mondeo has D3 GHN for my surname (DEIGHAN)

trooper said:
vr1066 said:
I find most of the personalised reg's a bit cheesy but I do like the Porsche one above.
I have a private reg on both of my cars. I dont find them cheesy, i like to have them, cause you never have to memorise more than 2 regs. Also it is a personalisation on the cars.
My trooper has K90 ROT (K90 for the dogs and ROT for my rottweilers)
My Mondeo has D3 GHN for my surname (DEIGHAN)

Still not convinced :wink:

Although atleast yours involve some imagination.

Private plates are definately a personal choice. I dont like the stupid ones, but if it means something then go for it.
Most members of my family have private plates on their cars, my brother has had his since he was 17 and got his first car. But his is his initials and birthdate.

Guy near me had FTW in his plate and was always getting tickets. FTW stands for Female Traffic Warden and it's something they all remember. Stick with difficult to remember plates and you will be fine with traffic wardens.

Saw a very new looking orange/gold 350Z with the plate L44 UST.. And I was actually lusting for it.. Well, more the brembo 4-pots than the jap car actually.. :lol:

Freddie said:
Saw a very new looking orange/gold 350Z with the plate L44 UST.. And I was actually lusting for it.. Well, more the brembo 4-pots than the jap car actually.. :lol:

Hmm a 350z or Brembo 4 pots? I think you need to re-evaluate your life goals freddie :lol: Perhaps you were just being practical and were thinking of the extra fuel the 350z would drink!