number plates

herb

modherbrator
Car
Seat Leon Cupra
ok my car failed the mot today on the rear numberplate can someone please tell me what documentation i need to get a new one as i havent had to get one for years cheers

You need to have the V5, your driving license and other form of id to prove address (eg. utility invoice etc). I think you also need MOT if your car requires one.

It's a silly law, supposedly to reduce car crime and car theft. Strangely no-one saw fit to control the supply and distribution of laminators so the thieves now just make their own plates!!

you can buy them off ebay without needing the v5

last time i got some made for the civic i just needed the v5 and vertification of address. V5 must match whatever. i just used my driving license

you can buy them off ebay without needing the v5

last time i got some made for the civic i just needed the v5 and vertification of address. V5 must match whatever. i just used my driving license

yes mate ive seen them on ebay but a bit short notice as the retest is on monday
doh.gif

and this is also good news as ive just realised that my license is still registered at my old address only been living at my present address for 5 years :rolleyes: so cheers mate
beer.gif

thanks again for the help and as for the license its just slipped my mind as its something i dont ever use but will sort that next week and upto £1000 that just takes the p!ss :blink:

dont worry i never thought about it ether. neither did the wife she only changed her address when we got married as she needed to changed the name as well.
yip violent assaults your looking at £150 . driving a car with the wrong address on your license £1k. yip someones taking the urine