Square Number Plates

Massive

Torque Master
Car
Clio 172 Cup
Ive seen a few cars with square number plates at first i thought, yea they look good, now i just think they can just look dumb, maybe this is because of the increase of boy races using them on tatty or tacky cars

whats your view?

Depends on the car. Some cars are designed for smaller or square plates and slapping a conventional UK plate on them really spoils the lines. A lot of bodykits were not built with suitable recesses for number plates so square might be your only option.

The plate size is not a legal requirement - just the size and spacing of the letters.

So I would have to say it depends largely on the car.

there starting to get common on a lot of cars now like you say BRs fitting them to make them think their clio/saxo/corsa/insert whatever here now looks more like the EVOs that have them fitted.

worst thing ive started noticing is taxis around here are fitting them as well now on the back so they can have their taxi license in the same place without damaging any more of the rear. just means both number plate and taxi disc stick out the bottom of the plate holder now

Do they not realise that it takes more than a square number plate and some manufacturers stickers on the wing to make a car look like an EVO ;)

my lude was only a 12valver and it flew. granted it was a 2 ltr and weighed next to nothing. the 1.4s no bad just need to keep an eye on head gasket failures

What about the 'go faster' stripes?! I love ripping on the boy racers in their 1.2s! It's so funny that they actually think they have a chance! :lol:

so my next car is
a 1.2 clio with

• Square plates
  • manufactures stickers
  • chrome mirrors
  • big exhaust
  • racing stripes
  • and a big turbo badge
And am sorted :cheesy:

I think that the typeface of the plate is now regulated along with spacing and size. I quite fancy a personal plate. Big money TUR 80D has gone, D135 ELT has gone. So has D13 SEL.

So I'll stick with the one I have.

Perhaps I should change my name by deed poll to Yankee - Three - Seven - Eight - Lima - Echo - Romeo

It's cheaper.

lol i bought some furry dice for my scenic, some mates got them for me for a laugh and i used them :lol: then they got crushed when it was written off :(

I think that the typeface of the plate is now regulated along with spacing and size. I quite fancy a personal plate. Big money TUR 80D has gone, D135 ELT has gone. So has D13 SEL.

So I'll stick with the one I have.

Perhaps I should change my name by deed poll to Yankee - Three - Seven - Eight - Lima - Echo - Romeo

It's cheaper.

I think personal number plates look poncy (sorry if anybody has one). You're number plate shows where your car is from and when it was born...as the owner you should be proud of that!

id like a number plate for mine, something that has hazzard on or bio haz summet like that, oh btw we forgot to add bucket seats to our super corsas and clios

Dontcha just love the Clios, Corsas, and Saxos?
Pug 106s, occasional Fiat Puntos'
Fiestas, Polos, Seat's Arosas,
The rarely seen Rovers,
and Toyota Corollas...............

And they all look so like Lexus GS430's with those silly light clusters. I'd never know the difference even though I'm an intelligent bloke.

Why do the drivers of such machinery even bother having a bash at me in my lowly diesel 406. Ok, it's a big car, and heavy at 1500kg. But 190+bhp is still gonna beat 90bhp in even the lightest super****offmini.

As if light clusters and square plates will change anything.

Why do the drivers of such machinery even bother having a bash at me in my lowly diesel 406. Ok, it's a big car, and heavy at 1500kg. But 190+bhp is still gonna beat 90bhp in even the lightest super****offmini.

They see and old Guy in a 406 and think - it's not fast. Hes probably still wearing his slippers so I'll take him on. Then suddenly as you put your foot down they are left wondering if you have a 3.0 V6 under the engine bay!

They go home to sulk and look up the stats for a 406 Diesel and still wonder why they couldn't beat you.

Then they decide there is something wrong with their car and they go to Halfords and buy another racing stripe and a chrome exhaust tip. :lol:

oh the best thing I've seen is a carbon fibre bonnet on a 1.2 corsa ,
anythin to make a dream of drivin a Honda Integra Type R that little bit closer.

Oh and revving ure car constantly does not make it sound any more sportier!!!

A carbon bonnet on a corsa 1.2 :lol: Are you sure it wasn't a stick on carbon fibre job ;)

Must remember to stop revving my car all the time ;)

difference is wayne your car will actually fly, where as a 1.2 corsa will struggle to keep up with a snail due to the stupid sub box in the back,

which reminds me i need to get rid of mine :lol: