Road works & a near fatal mistake

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
I ended up going up a one way slip road off a motorway yesterday due to poor signing and loads of cones whilst on a roundabout!

I think the no entry sign was completely hidden by traffic cones and diversion signs, talk about chaos. Even the exit signs from the roundabout were not that visible.

Thankfully I spotted this and did a u-turn but I can now see and understand how some drivers might end up going the wrong way down a motorway. :eek:

If you spot bad signs or signs that have been moved, you can report these to either the H.A. or the contractor who'll have a contact number displayed around the road works. If it was a Skanska Balfour Beatty project near or on the M25 let me know where it was and i'll get my mom to report it for you, as she's the Community Relations manager for them.:D

Funny you should mention that. I was driving on the same road the other day about the same time as you and saw some tit driving up an nicly signed route the wrong way, before atempting to do a U turn and turning it into a 5 point turn. Blocking all the traffic, and slowing everyone up!!!!! lol, just kiddin!! :lol:

Can happen to the best of us!! Just lucky you didn't make it onto the motorway!! :amazed:

:lol: @ Bigbadjoe

No it was the roundabout just off Junction 9 of the M20 immeditately prior to the turnoff for the Cinema! Not sure who the contractor was but they really like cones.

i know that one was there the other week
so many cones about round there
plus i do hate that turn off from the m20 coast bound on to that roundabout as you cant see much
is even worse when i take the yank motor down there

I have to admit I got confused coming off Junc 10 of the M6 one night, Only the outside lane was open & there were so many cones out I miss judged which ones were leading off the motorway & I came off on the wrong side of them! :blink:

I have to admit I got confused coming off Junc 10 of the M6 one night, Only the outside lane was open & there were so many cones out I miss judged which ones were leading off the motorway & I came off on the wrong side of them! :blink:

They still doing road works down there, close to the juction for the M5?

I have missed that before! Had to go wrong side of birmingham and then try and get back onto M5. I had no road map or satnav with me. Took me ages!! You miss it and your nackered.

Yeah their still doing stuff along there, but the 50mph limit through the site works well.

You could have come off at the next junction (7) & come back on your self, although it would have been easy to miss the slip back onto the M6 as it's not the best layout ever. :confused::lol: