performance tires???

TypeR-Fusion

Tuner
Hi guys

I'm really confused about which performance tires to choose for my Civic Type R.

I have just purchase 18inch Tenzo Racing alloy wheels but I seem to be getting mixed opinions about tires. Obviously it depends on your budget, but what do you guys and girls think of Nankangs??? I have never heard of them and trying to get some reviews on this.

I had bridgestone on my standard 17" but in wet I found my car too slipery.

With the winter coming soon I guess I am looking for an all season tire with superb grip so my car feels its sticking to the ground.

Need your help

Thanks

I really like the Goodyear eagle F1s with their directional tread. They were voted the best tyres for track use in a driver survey although technically others were a bit more grippy, but most drivers said they liked the feel, control and predictablility the tyres give you.

Nankang are a budget option if I remember correctly - I had them once and to be honest they were not that bad. For wet weather though I have found Michelin Pilot sports to be the best with their assymetric tread. I'm currently running Dunlop SP Sports on my Audi and they seriously outperform the Pirelli P6000s I previously had in the wet and dry but I'm still hankering for the Eagle F1's again - it was just a shame they were out of stock when I needed tyres.

Tip - always get a price over the phone and haggle before you arrive at a tyre place you can usually get 20-25% off the price of a set of 4 tyres and sometimes a little more.

waynne said:
Nankang are a budget option if I remember correctly - I had them once and to be honest they were not that bad. For wet weather though I have found Michelin Pilot sports to be the best with their assymetric tread..
i like the michelin as well lasted ages on the civic bout 2 years which is good for me

think your right with nankang. they quite often come with alloys. halfords supplied them on a lot of theres for a while dont know if they still do

try black circles as well they can deliver tyres to your door or you can book to a local fitter quite good prices there.
http://www.blackcircles.com/

i generally cheat when we go to edinburgh a get mine changed there as have membership to costco wholesellers get them for trade prices and its £2 to fit balance and dispose of the old 1. i got 4 micheins last time for £180 fitted .

down hear i was getting quoted £42 for yokos which lasted me 3-6 months

ust had a quick look on black circle for ya using 225/40/18 wyz speed ratings (think that should be about right is it?)

the goodyear f1s are £110
dunlops sp9000 are £102 going up to
dulnlops sp9090 at £194

and at the other end of the scale theyre budget tyres are £66 (brand may vary)

sorry cant give you a closest fitting as have no Address
it doesnt like middlesex much