performance brake pads CTR

TypeR-Fusion

Tuner
Hi everyone :D

Can anyone tell me what is the best performance brake pads to get for a 02 CTR. I have searched on the internet and I have seen EBC green stuff, EBC red stuff, Ferodo DS Performance and Red Dot. I do like the sound of EBC red stuff and Ferodo, but still unsure what to go for. I have been told that Red dot are quite good. Which one would be the best one to go for. Thanks :)

For track days the red stuff is good. But please note they are pretty useless on the road. They need to be warm to be effective and unless you do a lot of heavy braking all the time they are pretty pointless. When you slam on the brakes they will take time to bite and on our roads that can mean the difference between a crash and a near miss :( .

I ran some Greenstuff pads on my 220Gti and they were very good, when they got warm they were fantastic but even when cold they gave good braking and as a bonus they are a low brake dust forumulation so there is less cleaning of alloy wheels to be done. :D

I went to my local Motor world branch to order my green stuff pads for my 02 CTR and the dealer rang up his supplier to check if they supply it for my car. :)

:shock: Surprisingly they didn't have any listing for green stuff pads for my car but what the supplier did have for my make and model is the yellow stuff, which they said is also suitable for road use as well. I decided to get them to order it. As I didn't know much about the yellow stuff pads I looked it up straight away on the EBC grade table and it has a much higher spec than the red on???? I don't understand why this was recommemded to me. The funny thing is I have seen the green stuff listed on ebay for CTR but not sure which year??

Taking into account what you kindly explained about the red stuff I think putting on these yellow ones will sure be more detrimental.

TypeR-Fusion said:
Taking into account what you kindly explained about the red stuff I think putting on these yellow ones will sure be more detrimental.
You are right there - Yellow are if I remember rightly a full race spec pad.

They have actually re forumaleted the Yellow stuff in a "R" pad:-

Although a full race material and capable of high temperature use with very good wear life, this new formulation sets a new trend in race type brake pad compounds. The “bite” from cold is superb which is uncommon with race materials (normally requiring warm-up) and makes this a pad which can be safely used on the highway as well as on the race track.
You should be OK with the Yellow Suff R pads. (The R here is important as it denotes the new style pad which bites well from cold!)

:D I just check it now and your right :) I was getting worried then. Does that mean there are two types of EBC Yellow stuff brake pads or have they actually modified the existing pad?

They have probably modified the Yellow Stuff pad and just rebranded it but there could be old stock hanging around in a warehouse.

Ok cool 8) When Motor world contact me, when they have received the pads, I will check this with them to make sure its the right spec ,if not I will get them to send it back 8) keep you posted

Thanks dude! :D