Money wasted!?

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
Have you ever spent money on your car and wished you hadn't? Was it a mod that did not live upto the hype? Was it a new tyre that you got a nail in 3 days later?

I got a new windscreen fitted. Before I got home from the depot I had another stone chip even larger than the one it had before! Got a new tyre - nail right through the outside edge - not repairable just 10 miles later! Racing oil in my first even car (a bit if a banger!) and it killed the engine and burned oil ever since that time. Had a car fully serviced and crashed it writing it off one week later. Next car that had a full service got stolen.

What about you guys or am I just the most unlucky guy ever!

The mechanic who used to work on my MKII golf use to laugh because of how unlucky it was for me.

The day got it someone tried to steal it and bent the steering columb, cost me £50 just to have some comeo ut and knock my steering wheel back into place. Something I'd already half done but wasn't sure if i'd cause more damage.

got a cheap steering wheel lock which i managed to crack the wind screen and break my wind screen wiper lever. Cost me £50 for a new wind screen and I had to use a screw driver to turn the windscreen wipers on and off for a while.

Then spent £600-700 to get it thru it's MOT, new rear shockys, exhaust, front discs and few other wee prob's. Had it out the garage for about 1 month then wrote it off up in the north of scotland and it cost me £89 for a taxi home.

To add insult to injury I only got £134 back from the insurance for it, although they knocked £400 off my insurance on the new car.

A learning experience I won't forget.

muppet tried to break in using a screwdriver and a hammer. didnt work but totally destroyed my passenger lock. so i got all new locks.

spent £150 on mot for new brakes and an exhaust, plus one new tyre

got windscreen chip, had it repaired for £50

day after the windscreen repair it was written off! muppet drove into my new mechelin tyred wheel.

all of this in 2 months :x