is it possible to fit a turbo to a astra 1.4 16v

benji26

Car
Astra 1.4 16v
is it possible to fit a turbo to a astra 1.4 16v ? if so could any 1 give me a list of what i need to do and get , thanks

You can't just readily go around 'fitting' superchargers. Unfortunately, they're not bolt on accessories. To make a worthwhile job of it (or to make it even remotely driveable) requires extensive other work as well. That's before you start uprating brakes, cooling, suspension etc.

The costs can be prohibitive and if you're after more torque and power there are generally cheaper ways. A different car is the obvious answer.

I'm not saying it's impossible, and if you fancy a project for it's own sake then go ahead. But I'd still start with something with a bit more potential. (In fact, I wouldn't start :-( ).

you can make any thing fit if you got plenty of wonga and people in the no for the engineering side personally i would fit a 2ltr 16 valver motor in.and get everything you need ready for transplant:D

2.2 Eco-Tec = 150bhp
2.0 Red Top = 150bhp

Theres loads more tuning stuff available for the Red Top, but there is also a very good supercharger conversion available from Courtenay or Regal for the 2.2. The Courtenay Sport website has some vids of this very conversion. But i've said before and i'll say it again, go for the 2.5 V6 for £300, maybe £500 for everything you need ;)

2.2 Eco-Tec = 150bhp
2.0 Red Top = 150bhp

Theres loads more tuning stuff available for the Red Top, but there is also a very good supercharger conversion available from Courtenay or Regal for the 2.2. The Courtenay Sport website has some vids of this very conversion. But i've said before and i'll say it again, go for the 2.5 V6 for £300, maybe £500 for everything you need ;)

I was thinking along those lines as well but wasn't sure the V6 would fit under the bonnet of an Astra. I remember it being a squeeze in the Cavalier.

Cavalier and Calibra are exactly the same car. If you take the panels off both they are almost identical. Thats why you can use either Cav or Cally bits on either. There is a few out there with a 2.5 and some with a 3.0. They fit in the astra no problem, just need a couple of custom mounts. So considering the 3.0 V6 and the red top turbo are the same weight (turbo, intercooler extra piping all add up the extra weight for the turbo engne) the v6 has more torque and is normally asperated, plus they are bout 1 third of the price to buy lol.

so to reliterate my previous post_

Red Top (C20XE) = £300-400 - 150bhp
Red Top Turbo (C20LET)= £800-1200 - 205bhp
2.2 Eco-Tec (Z22SE)= £800+ - 150bhp
2.5V6 (C25XE or X25XE)= £250-350 - 170bhp
3.0V6 (X30XE) = £350-400 - 210bhp :) :) :)
1.6 16v turbo converision (X14XE) = £4400+ roughly 150-170bhp when done.

I knowed what i'd go for :)

Last edited:
Yeh I know what your saying. Have a porkers on Piston Heads. Theres a few on there for silly low money.