Intercooler NASP

It is a fairly pointless excercise really. The engine is sucking in air at the ambient temperature and an intercooler will not reduce this any further and will just add drag.

In a turbo or supercharged engine the act of compressing the air will increase the temperature considerably and this will need an intercooler to drop it back down as close as possible to ambient temperatures.

I hope this helps explain the situation.

I won't bother with that experiment then. Thanks waynne.
What about using freon gas like air conditioning units do, or fridges or freezers.
Just another thought.

I won't bother with that experiment then. Thanks waynne.
What about using freon gas like air conditioning units do, or fridges or freezers.
Just another thought.

Sadly it won't work. Freon is no longer allowed anyway.

Running the compressor will chew far more energy overall than it's chilled intake air might offer.

You're into the simple bits of thermodynamcs now.

Quote from the site:-

"The CryO2® system uses liquid carbon dioxide (CO2), stored at 80 degrees below zero (Fahrenheit), to super cool intake air, fuel, and even a vehicle’s turbo intercooler, resulting in more power and cooler engine combustion chamber temperatures."

There is no such thing as liquid carbon dioxide, it turns from solid to gas and vice versa. There is no liquid phsae. That's why it's commonly called dry ice.