Intake? and Exhaust system

TupperZ

Car
VW Polo 1.4
Hi im new here so take it easy with me lol

Right...
I Just purchased a Polo 1.4 have looked around done abit of research.
Seems you guys say just use a K&N panel filter. What would that do differently compared to a CDA intake system?

And also what exhaust system would be best on getting.. scorpian stainless steel right through?

Im trying to get that deep bobling sound on idle and it to sound beefy (not too crispy) on aceleration.

Cheers

029.gif
to the forum :D

A panel filter upgrade will help the engine breathe better but will not cost you too much money. Changing to BMC CDA will be more expensive & will require a little more work to fit, but you will gain a little extra bhp it will sound better too. I've got a BMC CDA on my car.

You've got the right idea replacing the whole exhaust system, a stainless system will sound great but will have a sharper sound than a mild steel system, for sound you could go for an Ashley system...

2" system & 3" tailpipe
http://www.ashleyexhausts.co.uk/p1411284.htm
4-2-1 manifold
http://www.ashleyexhausts.co.uk/p1411113.htm

Hi tuppers and welcome to TorqueCars, good to have you along.

An cone induction kit is not something I recommend below a 1.6 engine if you are after a power increase. The CDA is an enclosed air box and providing it has a cold air feed you should see the same sort of modest power gain as you would with a panel filter.

If I were choosing between the two I would still go with a panel air filter as the power to cost ratio is much better.

Hi and thanks guys

Okay so say if i go for the cheaper route with a panel filter.
Which ones are the ones to go for because ive always thought they reduce the bhp or is it needing the drilled holes on the underside to give it a gain.

panel filters will help give a gain as they are higher flowing than the thicker OEM ones. dont expect much maybe 2-3bhp tops

drilling the holes in the box will only increase the noise. performance wise it could make it worse as again you are drawing it the hot air from the engine bay. if you do this get some ducting to supply some nice fresh cold air

Back to the exhausts :p.. My model is the 6n2 2000-2002 model 1.4 8v.. will the ashley system previously stated fit my model and what would the scorpion equivalent be?

Thanks