Hmmmm so intake?

Brooksy

Car
VW Polo 1.0L
ive been reading about it and people seem to say induction kits on polo's just doesnt go well. people talk about a panel filter but i dont seem to have this my filter is a round circle 1 :)

so what can i do?

i have a 1.0 polo 1999 V reg im pretty sure its injection.. but im not sure

also how about exhaust systems any recommendations ?

i think its carb or it might be single point injection.

you can still get uprated filters for them

checked ELSAWIN theres both single point and multipoint engines avalible in 1ltr form in 99.

The only one i can find that does this type of filter is the K&N filter.
what about exhaust? should i go for a complete new one all together or this just going to be a waste of cash, or should i just go for the back box.

help is appreciated :D

i knew it was injection :)

did you try green ? they might stock it as well

exhaust
back box is doing nothing for performance at all. it just suppresses the noise
full system on a 1.1 would be a waste of cash in my eyes. even if you change it all for a nice free flowing one then youd probably be looking at a max of 5 bhp for something that is going to cost, lets say, £600 if you go decat

ah right i see.

i think green also do 1 but i thought KN was better? or are they bother basically the same?

well i was looking to drop a bigger engine under the bonnet but im not sure im going to have the cash to do it.

i have about £1,000 saved up about to get paid again end of the month so theres another like £700 minus insurance thats coming out this month which is £350 or so, so i have about £1,350? by the end of the month i reckon.

tbh i dont wanna get rid of my car just make it drive nice look nice and abit more power of course.

any tips mate would be great thanks for everything so far. you seem to be the only guy here lol

the filters are more or less the same. green are dry and KN are oiled. both have pros and cons. KN seemed to be classed as better as they advertise alot more.

the problem is if you fit the exhuast just now you will gain minimal increases. if your wanting to put a bigger engine in this mean you have 3 options
1. do the exhaust now for the 1ltr, new engine in and do it again for something larger. the smaller bore will strangle the larger engine.
2. do the exhaust but make it larger to accomidate the larger engine with little work done once the new engine is in - problem with that is you will lose pressure and even more performance
3. wait and do the lot at once.

what engine are you looking at for it?

yeh i know it seems if its in the VW then its generally left for me lol

to be honest any engine that fits nice and easy, ive been told golf engines can fit in nice and easy. As i most likly will not be putting it in the car as i dont know what the hell i would be doing. a 1.4Ltr? im not really sure what the best upgrade would be.

sorry i am abit of a newbie trying to get into it all.

lol its all good you seem to know what your doing :)

so would there be any point getting a filter on it if im looking at a new engine? or should this not really matter?

also whats the difference in oil and dry? well apart from the obvious that one is oiled and the other is dry lol

sorry to be a pain in the butt

different filtration. but there is ocasionally issues with the oiled ones coating parts in a thin coat of oil. and as such messing up values.

1.4 1.6 should slot in pretty easily although some coding will be needed for the imobiliser / ECU

haha i wish i have a goodish knowlage of the 1.8t ngine but not sure on the others.

if your going to be changing it shortly then id just have a quick look at it. if its really bad go to a decent motor factors (not halfords) and get a cheap on in prop only cost couple of £.

ah right i see.
well was thinking 1.6 but im pretty sure the insurance will hit the roof ! i guess i should look around first before dropping in an engine first anyway.

and what price are we talking here ?

because ifs its going to cost me alot of cash i might just stick with the 1ltr for awhile and put an exhaust on etc.

really i would love to buy a new car but you know how it is with your first car you dont want to get rid of it ! well at least i dont anyway lol

my air filter i have is fairly new anyway i say fairly new its about coming up to about 2 years old i have looked at it and its not cloged up or dirty there is one little black patch though not sure what that is looks like its burnt or oil or something but its not major.
the only reason i was going to get a KN or GREEN filter or maybe an induction kit was just to give it abit more feel when im driving. but im guessing the round filter doesnt make much of a difference?

on a 1ltr you would only here a change in noise.
yeah insurance would hit the roof.
1.6 engine probably wouldnt cost that much although a new car would be the better option

2 years
emotion-7.gif
[/IMG]
really should change it every year mate.

ah right ok.
ahh i really dunno what to do i love my polo and the only way im going to get a new car is if this blows up on me at some point.

so i think i will look into a new engine at some point just not sure when

oh right ok lol my bad lol

one more question the air filter its got oil in it like..
its got the filter around it then its got the throttle body i think it is? the hole in the middle anyway. anyway
its got oil all in there just in like the one corner is it meant to have oil? and does this mean i should get a KN filter other than the green dry one?

and thanks for the advice mate been big help (Y)

the oil thats in it could be from the exhaust gas reciculation. the gas is meant to be there but the oil vapour makes a mess of every thing.

couple of ££ for a new filter and some carb cleaner to remove the oil / carbon deposist from the throttle body

the oil used in the filters is for filtration so doesnt matter which one you use. as said theres some horror stories about MAF sensors giving up after using oiled filters

Right thanks for the help bud
think i will go green dont want to risk anything using oiled filters just incase.

ok this should be the final question i have until something else comes up lol

should i bother with an induction kit or just the filter thats already there and replace that. also would this fix that acceleration problem that i have sometimes which i said in the other thread?