If you could choose only 1 mod...

poboyle

Wrench Pro
If you could choose only 1 mod, what would it be?
(might give me some idea as to what to do in my current situation :rolleyes: )
Also, if you have very little money to spend, what would you spend it on hehe (performance only).

Difficult choice - mods work best when there is more than one!

I would either fit a nice sporty sounding exhaust or do the suspension and improve the handling.

Yeah, i'd like to get a new exhaust but funds are tight and i plan to do some serious modding when i'm out of uni and have more money... so for now if i'm going to do anything, it will be small like an induction kit. Oh yeah, just a quick question about brands, does it matter which one i get if i got one because there's a K&N 57i in the VW performance mag for £50, and will this have any effect on a golf gti mk2 8v?
Thanks

Don't expect more than a few extra ponies from it - it will sound great though. Most makes are pretty similar.

hehe, trust me, i'd love to :lol: I have big modding plans for the future i imagine! Not expecting much from the induction kit to be honest, but engine sound improvement is great - can't beat a lovely roar!

Just read in one of your previous posts waynne that an induction kit would lower torque at low revs, if i remember reading that correctly. Would that happen to my car if i get round to buying one? I don't want to sacrifice any performance at any rev range really.
P.s. sorry for my frequent newbie questions :rolleyes:

Ask as many questions as you like. I think you'll get away with an induction kit on the Golf GTi but don't expect a power hike and you should do something with the exhaust to keep the inlet & exhaust air flow balanced.

If i was only going to get the induction kit for now (all i can afford really), would it be worth it without the exhaust or should i wait until i can get both together?
Whats an uprated LSD DaveJ?

Ah ok, thanks for the replies. I'll wait until i have enough money to get the kit and exhaust, got to get the car on the road first as well before i do anything :lol:

Modern turbo diesel - ECU remap every time.

Petrol (non-turbo) probably start using high octane fuel - leave it alone, there's not a lot to be had though maybe a decent air filter would help along with top class spark plugs

18" tyres cost a fortune tho. Even modest brands will leave you with a three figure dent in the wallet for one tyre. They do look nice though. As long as you've got monster 400mm brake discs alround as well.

18" tyres cost a fortune tho. Even modest brands will leave you with a three figure dent in the wallet for one tyre. They do look nice though. As long as you've got monster 400mm brake discs alround as well.

Oh yeah, they cost a lot...but you can only choose 1 mod so I'll be saving money on everything I wouldn't do...therefore I'll go for something expensive!!