Why did you choose your car

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
What were the reasons around your current car choice?

Did you just chance upon your car or did you carefully research and check out lots of specs before narrowing it down to your car?

I was very specific, it had to be a 5 door A3 in black, with climate, 17 or 18 inch wheels with black leather, BOSE speakers and a 2.0 TDI I'd have considered a 170 but I'm not sure if I would go with a 170 now, the 140 remapped seems a better proposition all round.

Economy and performance were my main considerations and this A3 seems to tick both boxes quite admirably.

I wanted options - so I went with a Mercedes Vito

6 seats, loads of room, road presence, relabilty, buckets of torque, and pretty quick & economical given its size (which length wise, may I add, ain't too much bigger than your average saloon).

I had seen Genesis Coupes on the road and they were gorgeous, but always out of my price range. When I saw this one on a dealer's website- used with only 24k miles on it and in my price range, so I went to look at it. I wanted a 2 door RWD sports car, I needed a back seat for my kids. This car had it all and is a great looking car too. It ticked all the boxes.

I wanted a tiptronic 4wd hatchbak with about 300bhp that handles as well as a daily drive for work.
Needed to be that power so it is pretty quicky and have a standard engine so it can cope with quite above average mileage.
Also had to have a nice interior for the same reason and not too big.
The above meant japanese as I couldnt find anything over here for £8k

Result Toyota caldina GT Four N spec the first one in the UK - Imported last year and have been driving it for just over a year and have done 27 k miles since last march

Best work car Ive ever had by miles.

My choice of a SAAB 9-3 T9 Aero was purely down to just a few things, the looks of the car, it's performance, inclusive gadgets/toys in the car, plus a very decent size boot for carrying around my essentials. Had the car for almost 12 years now since new and it still puts a smile on my face when I look at it ;)

I had enough of my MG making problems. So I wanted something fast, turbo charged, good looking, reliable, cheapish insurance and good on fuel.

Didn't help that they're are a lot of hatchbacks out there that all did that. Audi S3, A3, Seat Leon Cupra R, Suzuki Swift Sport, Fiesta ST, Clio 182.

I decided the Mini as I never seen one modified before down my way, and after a chance encounter test driving the one I own now, I just had to have it.

The octavia vrs was chosen as we needed a bigger motor and something with a big boot and they dont come much bigger than the vrs. Also i still wanted something that was fun to drive and tunable

I decided the Mini as I never seen one modified before down my way, and after a chance encounter test driving the one I own now, I just had to have it.

I work doing roadside assistance- kind of like what the RAC does in the UK. And whenever I do a call on a Mini, I want to clock out, go to the Mini dealer and buy one right now! The interior is so well laid out and the people who own Minis love them so much, it just makes me want to go buy one. After a test drive, you didn't have a chance LOL. I actually went to the dealership to look at a used Mini they had in stock, but I drove off with the Genesis Coupe I had seen on the website.