I have lost my car keys

darenabrahim

Car
Honda CRX
I have lost my car keys. I do not have any spare key and I am in big trouble as I have an urgent meeting at office tomorrow morning.
I have heard about local car locksmith but not sure what they would cost me.
Can anybody throw a light on the price they charge for new keys and lock. I am looking for someone around Manhattan.

I think we are witnessing a conversation between the same person. BOTH deranabrahim and brucejrivers are using the same IP address. Perhaps they don't realise it but are sharing the same computer and just happened to join the same forum at the same time.

My betting is that one of them is going to mention a service and perhaps provide a link to answer the others question. If they do I think this falls squarely into advertising and both will be banned.

However I hope that I am wrong and that both will become valued members contribution to our fun and helpful community and swapping ideas and suggestions for peoples car.

Not necessarily the same computer but very likely the same internet gateway.

The IP address we see here is the public IP. Of course, it's totally out of the question that they work in the same office and are promoting the same product or service, isn't it?? ??

Very coincidental that they both live in New York and drive Hondas although one is more specific than the other,

Also, who in their right mind would lose the keys to their pride and joy anyway? mine stay firmly in my pocket at all times and I have a spare in case I need it, I have though locked them in the car before but that was only a minor inconvenience as I have a spare, if you don't have a spare go get one cut or get down the dealers and get them to do it.

Last edited:
Personally id have taken an add in the local paper.

I don't think I'll be using what ever locksmith company one of em suggest. Little costly getting them to fly over to the UK to unlock my car. ;)

Why whould you bother going to that trouble anyway?

ID10T comes to mind.

Personally id have taken an add in the local paper.

I don't think I'll be using what ever locksmith company one of em suggest. Little costly getting them to fly over to the UK to unlock my car. ;)

Why whould you bother going to that trouble anyway?

ID10T comes to mind.

Torque Cars is an international site. I doubt they're offering to unlock cars in Europe.

I know that. Just at a guess, is there more people on this site from the UK than all the other countries added up?

The chances of someone from his part of New York, needing a locksmith is pretty remote.

i know a few tricks, but don't want to advertise them... pm me if you want to know...
no, i am not one of the "former car thieves" that get used on top gear, nor am i a current thief. i'm just forgetful! haha

i know a few tricks, but don't want to advertise them... pm me if you want to know...
no, i am not one of the "former car thieves" that get used on top gear, nor am i a current thief. i'm just forgetful! haha

I remember when I was a baa, my old man lost his keys for a nissan sunny, so his key was a bent bit of earthing wire! He used it and drove it for about a year untill the MOT was due, but for some reason it didn't pass!!! lol:bigsmile: