Have you ever lost your keys?

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
I was chatting with some friends the other nights and it seemed that most of them have lost their car keys.

One found his in the fridge! Others turned up weeks later and one of the keys was sitting on the drive under the car and it took a few days to find it!

Have you ever lost your car keys? If so where did you find them?

The day I picked up my Legend I managed to lock the keys in the boot!!:oops:

Had to become an instant member of the RAC so they could break in and retrieve them :embarrest:

Luckily we were not late for the barbeque :D

never lost car keys but lost my work keys a few weeks ago. no clocking in / access key had to wait for someone else to open it for me. no lockerkeys, both had to be busted open with a screwdriver as there were no spares (previous owner ad lost both as well) and no Forklift key again aving to use someone elses.

i once left my keys on a job and had no way of getting them back till the following morning and there was no way i was leaving my car outside the yard overnight if i had of done lets just say wouldnt have been there in the morning well not in 1 peice anyway so i rang the father in-law and asked if he could bring me a metal coat hanger and a thompson local so when he turned up i rang a local tow truck cost £30 got into the car with the coat hanger disabled the alarm took the handbrke off and got the car towed back to my house the best £30 i probably ever spent

i seem to lose mine daily and find them in out of the way places. Last time it was a big loss, more than an hour or so, i had somehow managed to put them under the hood of my rv. don't even remember having them out there with me when i gave it an oil change. (RV keys are on thier own ring)

Loz - its not till you have to break in to a car that you realise how pathetic they are. Never leave anything valuable on show its just like leaving it on the street.

HDI - Our Toyota had a master key and slave key and it cost enough to get a new slave key cut but if you lose the master key you are talking about a small house mortgage payment to replace it. :(

Oh hang on! I remember my mum had a Honda HRV, I used to borrow it from time to time because I could get more in it. One day the keys went missing & I last used the car, So O.K. it's a fair cop I'll own up to it. So feeling guilty I wondered into Honda to order a key & blipper. The cost for Key, blipper & half an hours labour for programming (the key had the immobiliser chip in it too) came to about £150/£160 I think.
A month later my mum found the old keys in one of her Jackets :blink::rolleyes:
I didn't know wether to laugh or cry :lol:

I had an old Nissan Primera as my first car, managed to crush the immobiliser fob in a door. It cost me £110 for a new fob and £150 to get the car to the dealers so they could re-program it!!! :sad2:

A few months back I shut my boot with my keys still inside and my spare was at home. After a few minutes of panic I realised the car was un-locked so I just opened the driver's side door and popped the boot open! :lol:

lucky lucky there prince, i've lost my house keys before :/ somewere in another town in a pub once very drunk.

i will be getting a spare cut for my bike and leaving it somewere incase i ever 'misplace' or break the orig.

I always lose mine. Normally I hang them of my jeans now. *Once I hooked them on my jeans not thinking they where I put them, I looked everywhere for them because I thought they were hung up on the right side of my jeans, Later that night Kaboom! I found them on the left side. What I idiot I am.:embarrest:

:lol: at craggle - we all have those mad moments. I usually find my glasses on my head, or I am wearing them at the time.