How do you deal with slow drivers.

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
What methods do you employ when confronted with a slow driver in front?

Do you overtake as soon as you get a chance, drop back and enjoy the scenery or get agitated and try to motivate the driver to speed up a little?

What about if they are in the middle/outside lane and will not move over because they are in a driver sleep trance.

I sit behind until its safe to pass.

I do moan to myself or whoever is with me but thats as far as it goes, no point in getting all wound up.

Me too ;)
No point in getting agro and annoyed as you may end up doing something stupid that can end in tears.

What is more irritating is travelling [as a passenger] with one of these dawdlers. I appreciate that I'd rather people drive at a speed at which they are safe rather than goign too fast but some to take it a bit far. I often find that they have one speed. Usually about 44mph. This is maintained rigourously, both on de-restricted roads and through built up areas too!

A friend once followed an old guy (even older than me) doing 20mph through Hadleigh, Essex. However, he maintained 20mph regardless of zebra crossings, traffic signals, pedestrians, parked cars, etc, not stopping for any of them. He made good progress and led a charmed life with everyone managing to get out of his way. Unfortunately this was before the common use of smartphones.

Due to the ever tightening legislation regard phone usage whilst driving (which is distracting, even with full hands-free capabilities) I do see an increasing number of people stopped in the most ridiculously dangerous places in order to deal with an incoming call. Personally I would make apply the same penalty as is applied for using a hand-held device whilst driving.