Ever locked your keys in your car?

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
I reckon this is something we have all done at least once in our life. I remember putting some stuff in the boot, along with the keys and then slamming the boot. Thankfully I was at home and had a spare set.

Mate of mine locked his keys in his Audi 80 and I helped him get into it! I was the hero of the day then.

What about you guys n gals? Whose done it? Helped anyone out whose done it?

never done it with the car.
but have done it a couple of time in the flat. Now i have on my main house keys, my car keys and a spare in my wallet. made sure my mum also has a copy just in case :embarrest:

i have done but not with my own car. did do with my dads old rover turbo (not sure what it was but i know it had a turbo lol)
they went in the shop left me in the car cos i couldnt be arrsed to go in with them, then realised that i wanted something. got out flicked the lock down then shut the door, only to realise that the keys were in the ignition an the radio was still on :/... (i was under 10 at the time) luckely i had left the window open a crack so the RAC man could get a coat hanger type thing in to unlock it. otherwise he would have had to break the window.

"Beware he who thinks he is standing lest he should fall" Don't speak too soon Prince.

With modern alarmed cars with remote locking this should become a thing of the past but my Audis auto locking nearly caught me out the other day.

Done it but only at the post office down the road, like 300 yards (Lots of stuff to take so had to use car.)

Had to run home and grab my spares.

My friend from Newcastle drove to Leeds or so, he had a Skyline GTR, R33 I think, (He rolled it, nearly killed himself because some guy broke down below the crest of a hill and he wasnt going particularly slow... long story.)

Anyway, he locked his keys in his car and just smashed the window in to get them back. (Hes Geordie, very blunt instrument) - Drove back to Newcastle freezing his boobs off. Haha.

Nice bloke, generally pretty feet on the ground, but the above does suggest differently.